Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Aren't they at home? I could've sworn they lost at Chelsea earlier this season.

Yeah it's at the Etihad. Whilst I'm no fan of United, I think I now dislike City and their fans even more.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City fans used to be some of the best around. And with the money, their dickhead contigent has skyrocketed. Still some great fans out there.

They are just an accelerated version of United.

Yep. Success brings bandwagon hoppers. I have got a mate who has been a City fan since he was a kid 20+ years ago and we have spent most of that time laughing at him. We laughed at him when Alan Ball took them down in 96. We laughed even harder when they dropped to the third tier in 98. They got promoted back to the Premier League and relegated again instantly in 01. I think he has seen his fair share of the shit times, however if he wears a Manchester City shirt now (this is in Nuneaton, Warwickshire) people just assume he is a glory hunting wannabe who started supporting them when Mansour took over. That must be quite annoying.

Aren't they at home? I could've sworn they lost at Chelsea earlier this season.

Yeah it's at the Etihad. Whilst I'm no fan of United, I think I now dislike City and their fans even more.

me too

Yep. Success brings bandwagon hoppers. I have got a mate who has been a City fan since he was a kid 20+ years ago and we have spent most of that time laughing at him. We laughed at him when Alan Ball took them down in 96. We laughed even harder when they dropped to the third tier in 98. They got promoted back to the Premier League and relegated again instantly in 01. I think he has seen his fair share of the shit times, however if he wears a Manchester City shirt now (this is in Nuneaton, Warwickshire) people just assume he is a glory hunting wannabe who started supporting them when Mansour took over. That must be quite annoying.

That must be tough. Slightly off topic but, do you think if Villa were taken over in the same way, that people from London, Liverpool or Manchester would start wearing Villa shirts? I just cant picture that at all. Maybe Man City fans couldnt at one stage.

That must be tough. Slightly off topic but, do you think if Villa were taken over in the same way, that people from London, Liverpool or Manchester would start wearing Villa shirts? I just cant picture that at all. Maybe Man City fans couldnt at one stage.

Yes, without a doubt. Would be a great shame, when you think about it.

Anyway, I don't like City at all, but I'd rather see the title go there than OT again.

Yes, without a doubt. Would be a great shame, when you think about it.

Anyway, I don't like City at all, but I'd rather see the title go there than OT again.

Agreed. For all my complaining about there being so few Villa fans down in the south east, I think if loads of "fans" suddenly popped up because we were successful then that would be even worse.

If they don't win the title then Mancini must lose his job at the end of the season surely ?

I think it's a stupid excuse to sack someone if they miss out by 1 or 2 points though, because it could be down to something out of the control of their managerial ability.

What get's up my nose is the way Man C fans start crying or looking really down cause they are behind or losing a game,I mean they have won virtually nothing since about 1958 so you would think they would be used to losing.

Wouldn't let them bother you. Its the Villa fans that are doing it because we have slipped from out "3 consecutive 6th places" "achievement" that pisses me off.

Tevez sets up 85th minute winner, cheeeeeeeeer!

The best result as far as I am concerned would be if they both lost.

I hate clubs that buy history instead of making it.

But i bet you wouldnt be moaning if Villa got took over by a a stupidly rich oil barron who gave us £100m to spend every transfer window?

I know i wouldnt.

haha, it was only the other day you were having a go at Randy for not spending shitloads of money to get back into Europe????

All the teams that qualify for europe spend a shitload of money,I cant think of one team that got to europe for **** all,so if you want to finish high enough for europe you HAVE TO spend buckets of $$$

How is what Man City and Chelsea done any different to what we did? We spent enough to finish 6th and have Europe, they've spent enough to finish 1st and have Champons League.

Tevez sets up 85th minute winner, cheeeeeeeeer!

The best result as far as I am concerned would be if they both lost.

But i bet you wouldnt be moaning if Villa got took over by a a stupidly rich oil barron who gave us £100m to spend every transfer window?

I know i wouldnt.

The success that followed would feel hollow, but I suppose it's the only way to ever have any kind of success these days.

I guess that means that no matter what happens, I will never experience ultimate football euphoria or feeling of achievement because the game has moved past that now.

Â