Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Tevez sets up 85th minute winner, cheeeeeeeeer!

The best result as far as I am concerned would be if they both lost.

I hate clubs that buy history instead of making it.

But i bet you wouldnt be moaning if Villa got took over by a a stupidly rich oil barron who gave us £100m to spend every transfer window?

I know i wouldnt.

The success that followed would feel hollow, but I suppose it's the only way to ever have any kind of success these days.

I guess that means that no matter what happens, I will never experience ultimate football euphoria or feeling of achievement because the game has moved past that now.

Hollow football or not, a trophy is a trophy. Do you think Man City supporters give a shit about history or how they've achieved success?

If they win the league, i will garentee not one of them will give a shit how they did it.

Success is success...however it comes about.

But i bet you wouldnt be moaning if Villa got took over by a a stupidly rich oil barron who gave us £100m to spend every transfer window?

I know i wouldnt.

The success that followed would feel hollow, but I suppose it's the only way to ever have any kind of success these days.

I guess that means that no matter what happens, I will never experience ultimate football euphoria or feeling of achievement because the game has moved past that now.

Hollow football or not, a trophy is a trophy. Do you think Man City supporters give a shit about history or how they've achieved success?

If they win the league, i will garentee not one of them will give a shit how they did it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather win trophies on an oil barons squillions than endure the current dross. All I'm saying is that we'd never get the sense of achievement or euphoria that the great triumphs of 81 and 82 provided (I can only dream of what that must of been like).

I'd rather win trophies on an oil barons squillions than endure the current dross. All I'm saying is that we'd never get the sense of achievement or euphoria that the great triumphs of 81 and 82 provided (I can only dream of what that must of been like).
:nod: It was a-****-mazing. Only fourteen players used to win the league, and the whole media against us. What a team (and manager) that was.

I know i wouldnt.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather win trophies on an oil barons squillions than endure the current dross. All I'm saying is that we'd never get the sense of achievement or euphoria that the great triumphs of 81 and 82 provided (I can only dream of what that must of been like).

Oh i agree mate, in an ideal world i would be so proud to say we did it the way we did it in 81 & 82.

But as you say, at this moment in time i would take it however it came along.

If that meant buying the league...then so be it!

haha, it was only the other day you were having a go at Randy for not spending shitloads of money to get back into Europe????

All the teams that qualify for europe spend a shitload of money,I cant think of one team that got to europe for **** all,so if you want to finish high enough for europe you HAVE TO spend buckets of $$$

How is what Man City and Chelsea done any different to what we did? We spent enough to finish 6th and have Europe, they've spent enough to finish 1st and have Champons League.

If we were taken over by someone that had $quillions of pounds I would be very happy indeed,then we could make Wembly our second home.But I agree with Wainy 316 the trophies would not be the same.I would prefer it if the best team won not the richest team.Having said that I did sling off at RL about money.The thing is you have to spend money to be successful in the Premier League its just that I think its a bit unfair that some club owners have pockets with no bottom to them ?! :evil:

If they don't win the title then Mancini must lose his job at the end of the season surely ?

I imagine he would be yes, for a trophy-less season when they would have been expecting to win at least two of the competitions they were in.

What get's up my nose is the way Man C fans start crying or looking really down cause they are behind or losing a game,I mean they have won virtually nothing since about 1958 so you would think they would be used to losing.

I think that highlights the difference between sets of fans who are used to success and those who have had disaster after disaster followed by a sudden change in fortune. They just expect everything to go tits up. I don't mind City, if there was a team other than Villa that got bought up and added the likes of Aguero, Mario and Silva to the Prem then they would pretty much be my choice. I'll probably hate them in 2 years time mind.

I was desperate for Manchester U to win the league in 06/07 because of all the money Chelsea had an Mourinhos arrogance. But now I want City because United are getting too many decisions their way and have won the league too many times.

I'd rather Man Utd than Man City. But it is depressing that this is the worst Man Utd team I've seen in my lifetime, and it's still enough to win the league.

It's gonna be tough for City now, I just can't see Man Utd slipping up now and City haven't been on the best of form with some tough games to come.

• 2 weeks later...
And Mario was to blame, but Mancini can not hide behind that completely, there are reasons including himself behind Citehs failure to win the league.

One of the reasons surely is the man who signed Balotelli? As Mourinho said, impossible to work with the man it appears.

I think people are putting a hell of a lot of emphasis on Balotelli. I don't think he's damaged there season that much. Losing Kompany and not buying another great center back in January was their biggest mistake IMO. I'd say Savic has done far more harm to them then Balotelli has.

Â