Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

The City owners have probably saved the UK government hundreds of millions by redeveloping large parts of Manchester.

And promised further investment, chunky envelopes, all expenses trips, and private flights to anyone that matters.

There's no way these charges are sticking, and it's not because they're innocent. 

There is no way to unwind what they've done, and if they get away with it, Newcastle will very shortly follow suit.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

And promised further investment, chunky envelopes, all expenses trips, and private flights to anyone that matters.

There's no way these charges are sticking, and it's not because they're innocent. 

There is no way to unwind what they've done, and if they get away with it, Newcastle will very shortly follow suit.

There will definitely be some punishment, but it’ll be a relative slap on the wrists which is pre-agreed with the owners to avoid any embarrassment. 

Transfer ban for a window or 2, points deduction greater than 10 but far less severe than it should be. 

It’ll be a record, but also won’t do that much harm either. 

Maybe in return for not appealing, rules on FFP will be relaxed going forwards.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

There will definitely be some punishment, but it’ll be a relative slap on the wrists which is pre-agreed with the owners to avoid any embarrassment. 

Transfer ban for a window or 2, points deduction greater than 10 but far less severe than it should be. 

They finished 25 points ahead of spurs in 5th who had 66 points 

So in theory if they'd have finished 2nd in the PL this season on say 88 points they could have had a huge record breaking that'll teach em severe punishment of a 20 point deduction...would achieve absolutely **** all, that's the golden opportunity the PL will take to get out of jail, they just need city to not win the league 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Genie said:

I can see myself being done with football - which is a shame given how (relatively) good Villa are right now :D 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I can see myself being done with football - which is a shame given how (relatively) good Villa are right now :D 

They will make a huge fuss about it being biggest punishment ever, but in reality it won’t really hurt them. That’s my prediction.

Just now, Genie said:

They will make a huge fuss about it being biggest punishment ever, but in reality it won’t really hurt them. That’s my prediction.

Yeah.

I don't know what I'd want to see happen (well, I DO...) in terms of punishment, but it really can't just be a slap on the wrist.  That would just prove corruption/government meddling in football and my time as a fan would be done. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Yeah.

I don't know what I'd want to see happen (well, I DO...) in terms of punishment, but it really can't just be a slap on the wrist.  That would just prove corruption/government meddling in football and my time as a fan would be done. 

I reckon 30 point deduction, 2 window transfer ban, something else suspended on top of that. Big fine. No youtube before bed for 3 days. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Corruption at the highest level 

They have to scrap the rules completely if this is remotely true. And compensate the clubs who were already punished for breaking them 

• Like 2

Our only hope is Pep leaves and the transition to a new manager is painful enough to knock them down a peg for a while

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They have to scrap the rules completely if this is remotely true. And compensate the clubs who were already punished for breaking them 

Time to refuse to play Man City. The game's being rigged and agreeing to play them only legitimises the corruption.

• Like 1

I think when it comes to punishments, the ideal would be a punishment that reflects the timescale of the cheating. I'd be happy with a 10 point deduction, every year for 10 years and a massive fine (in the hundreds of millions) to be distributed across the pyramid.

We won't get that.

16 hours ago, Genie said:

I think a "slap on the wrists" and that is all it will turn out to be, is more than enough to stop them appealing. If anyone should be lodging an appeal it should be the other clubs for the decision taking so long and being unduly lenient. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Our only hope is Pep leaves and the transition to a new manager is painful enough to knock them down a peg for a while

Time for you to shine Stevie G.....

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think when it comes to punishments, the ideal would be a punishment that reflects the timescale of the cheating. I'd be happy with a 10 point deduction, every year for 10 years and a massive fine (in the hundreds of millions) to be distributed across the pyramid.

We won't get that.

I think this would be woefully inadequate considering the cheating is what allowed them to establish themselves as one of the top clubs in europe. But you're right, we won't even get that.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Now they have won 7 or 8.They will null and void a title maybe 2 and thats it, no relegation or points deduction

Funny City have turned Premier League into a so called Farmers League what its online fans dreaded

Edited by Zatman

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We won't get that.

The Rangers model  appears to me

• Like 2

Â