Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I've said it before but I genuinely believe if the full truth came out this would be the biggest stain in premier league history. 

For the knock on effect they've had on other clubs, they should be stripped of titles and relegated. 

Is that it???

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I would love nothing more than for Man City to be liquidated, but sadly I think the most they'll get will be something like a 20 point deduction.

After they win the league by 21 points... 

Seriously they'll get a punishment of no consequence, a points deduction that doesn't change their league position, a fine they can easily pay and a suspended transfer ban

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I've said it before but I genuinely believe if the full truth came out this would be the biggest stain in premier league history. 

For the knock on effect they've had on other clubs, they should be stripped of titles and relegated. 

Yes the so called greatest and most competitive league in the world brand will be seriously damaged if its revealed that the last decade was a shambles. This would be a bigger sporting scandal than Lance Armstrong

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

As mentioned in the Saudi thread. This goes above the PL. It's international affairs and the British government is no doubt under pressure that Abu Dhabi will pull funds if the PL doesn't play ball. Just like when Saudi was allowed to take over Newcastle. The PL is no doubt fully aware that they look like a joke league but what are they going to do? Big money always win.

I'm curious what the Saudi's would want to happen and if the PL (or UK government) would listen to them over Qatar? 

Would City being given a big enough penalty to knock them off top spot then allow Newcastle to take their place faster?

Or, would Saudi not want them severely punished as that sets the precedent for them to bend the rules even more than City did?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm curious what the Saudi's would want to happen and if the PL (or UK government) would listen to them over Qatar? 

Would City being given a big enough penalty to knock them off top spot then allow Newcastle to take their place faster?

Or, would Saudi not want them severely punished as that sets the precedent for them to bend the rules even more than City did?

Guess we'll never know now that Qatar didn't buy Manure. As for Man C and Abu Dhabi I think they might be working both angles in the background. Mainly thou I think they are on thier side as their plan with the club is similar. Wouldn't trust them thou if I were City.

If they could pull it forward and do it in late Spring '24 instead it would be ideal. Especially if it includes a points deduction.

(Man City Points - Aston villa points) +1 =  deduction

That should do it

Call me a cynic, but I think that Man City getting points deducted and/or stripped of titles would just get even more attention for the Premier League. I don't see it damaging the brand to the point where advertisers/tv rights holders get cold feet. If anything it just generates an unprecedented amount of social media engagement, press coverage etc which helps to sell the shambolic but highly-entertaining soap opera that is the PL around the world. 

The tightrope that the PL has to walk with any punishment they might give out though is 'how severe can we be without antagonising City (and others) to the point where they go back to their Super League plans?' 

15 hours ago, Mantis said:

I would love nothing more than for Man City to be liquidated, but sadly I think the most they'll get will be something like a 20 point deduction.

I think this and a record fine.

The PL will then feel they've done well and lead with the headlines "City hit with record points deduction and fine". Neither of which make a difference, it's sad.

15 hours ago, Mantis said:

I prefer the term “eradicated”

Really emphasises how much of a virus they and their fans are…

Its their fans who deserve to suffer the most, in my opinion…

They are the ones who spout this “it’s our time, we have suffered enough over the years, football is cyclical, you’re just jealous that it didn’t happen to you” schtick… all the time, fully knowledgeable that they cheated everyone else - and most importantly, they cheated us…

• Like 1

I honestly think they will squash the major rule breaks and punish them for minor offenses. 

Points deduction so they miss champs league for one season, transfer ban for 1 year and a fine. 

I can't see it being anymore than that. 

My view is that while we all want justice for all the titles that they have bought at the expense of other teams, unfortunately I think they will get off lightly.

The reason? This all happened under the premier league watch and they will be embarrassed because of this and will make sure it will appear to be a punishment but it will amount to no more to a slap on the wrist sadly.

This will give the green light to man city and other clubs to carry on fiddling and doing their dodgy deals, but this time much more convoluted, hidden and infinitely more difficult to prove.

27 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

My view is that while we all want justice for all the titles that they have bought at the expense of other teams, unfortunately I think they will get off lightly.

The reason? This all happened under the premier league watch and they will be embarrassed because of this and will make sure it will appear to be a punishment but it will amount to no more to a slap on the wrist sadly.

This will give the green light to man city and other clubs to carry on fiddling and doing their dodgy deals, but this time much more convoluted, hidden and infinitely more difficult to prove.

I keep hearing this but why would the Premier league be embarrassed. City were commiting financial fraud to cover up their FFP over spending. It wasn't like it was all out there and the prem ignored it?

Let's not forget a lot of the big evidence came from them being hacked. If that hadn't happened they'd still be getting away with it. 

It would be more of an embarrassment to the Premier league for them to not get any punishment and for this sort of thing to continue with Newcastle. 

Especially when you think about other lesgues stripping titles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Especially when you think about other lesgues stripping titles. 

For FFP? I'm not sure they have, juve obviously had theirs stripped for match fixing 

That's part of the problem and why this will take so long in the courts, beyond points deductions and fines there's no precedent for a major punishment, I'm sure 10 points is the highest deduction that's been made too

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

For FFP? I'm not sure they have, juve obviously had theirs stripped for match fixing 

That's part of the problem and why this will take so long in the courts, beyond points deductions and fines there's no precedent for a major punishment, I'm sure 10 points is the highest deduction that's been made too

They didn't just break FFP. They committed financial fraud to cover up breaking FFP. 

Â