Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stadium investments don't count towards FFP so in theory it's just more seats = more ticket sales = more revenue = more FFP headroom.

Then they just claim that all the tickets were sold and a few (thousand) people must not've turned up.

18 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Stadium investments don't count towards FFP so in theory it's just more seats = more ticket sales = more revenue = more FFP headroom.

Then they just claim that all the tickets were sold and a few (thousand) people must not've turned up.

This ^.

Fictional revenue from ghosts buying tickets.

No doubt they'll have Edgar Neubauer and Snowball 1 attending next week.

49 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Daddy Sheikh buy up some empty seats 🤣

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

Just read on the BBC footy website that they are planning an extension to their ground to bring it up to 60k (even more empty seats).

Costs to be about 300 million...

I wonder what dodgy deals are being done to push that through...?

They are obviously not worried in the slightest about the charges being brought against them...

I'm certain they will escape this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

It was crazy how many empty seats there were for their Champions League QF last week. They can’t fill what they have for massive games. Absolute joke. Ticket revenue for FFP should only include people that turn up to avoid this loophole.

• Like 1

I'd prefer if we just did an ancient Egypt style historical deletion of them. Delete their entries in the history books, Dremel the name off the trophies, bulldoze the stadium...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I'd prefer if we just did an ancient Egypt style historical deletion of them. Delete their entries in the history books, Dremel the name off the trophies, bulldoze the stadium...

Works for me. Can we get a public vote on this maybe! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was crazy how many empty seats there were for their Champions League QF last week. They can’t fill what they have for massive games. Absolute joke. Ticket revenue for FFP should only include people that turn up to avoid this loophole.

What actually is the justification for expansion? The minus 30,000 people on a ST waiting list?

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

What actually is the justification for expansion? The minus 30,000 people on a ST waiting list?

I assume it’s purely to inflate their income. The amount of empty seats will be harder to hide though. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I assume it’s purely to inflate their income. The amount of empty seats will be harder to hide though. 

That's the reason for expansion, it's not the justification for it (i.e., they can't fill what they already have, not even close).

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

That's the reason for expansion, it's not the justification for it (i.e., they can't fill what they already have, not even close).

They don’t need to justify it do they? They are spending money to increase their FFP allowance. It’s an indirect investment in the squad.

Once or twice a season they probably genuinely sell out so they’ll say it helps for the Manchester Derby and maybe when Liverpool visit.

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

They don’t need to justify it do they? They are spending money to increase their FFP allowance. It’s an indirect investment in the squad.

Once or twice a season they probably genuinely sell out so they’ll say it helps for the Manchester Derby and maybe when Liverpool visit.

No they don't actually need to justify, it's just so blatantly obvious that it's another form of "cooking the books" in an FFP sense at least. Do they claim that they actually do sell out? Have a waiting list? Are expecting greater numbers of fans in the coming seasons? Perhaps the Euro bid is the sole excuse?

It's going to look even more odd when there's simply another 6,000 empty seats extra and their ticket revenue is increasing. Although this coming from the club that have emails plainly stating "Tell the sheikh to send X another £38 m by Tuesday to cover their sponsorship deal", it's hardly a surprise that they don't even care about the cover up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

No they don't actually need to justify, it's just so blatantly obvious that it's another form of "cooking the books" in an FFP sense at least. Do they claim that they actually do sell out? Have a waiting list? Are expecting greater numbers of fans in the coming seasons? Perhaps the Euro bid is the sole excuse?

It's going to look even more odd when there's simply another 6,000 empty seats extra and their ticket revenue is increasing. Although this coming from the club that have emails plainly stating "Tell the sheikh to send X another £38 m by Tuesday to cover their sponsorship deal", it's hardly a surprise that they don't even care about the cover up.

Bingo.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The proposals aren't just an extra 6k or so seats FWIW.

34 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Is that actually true?

If they do get these stadium plans agreed, along with all the other infrastructure that has gone in the running costs of Man City FC will be huge. 
If the owners leave, or they are pushed out like Roman Abramovic was then they could be in major trouble finding a new buyer willing to lose so much money as the Arabs.

• Like 1

Â