Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Are you all just afraid to get your hopes up? Because from what I've seen, it actually seems likely that they're going to pay a devastating and deserved price.

No, just been around football for too long that I know very little will happen.  I’ve also been around rich companies/industries for far too long and know that money looks after money.  Too many on both sides make too much money from the status quo, that will not be risked by any of them.  I’m not afraid, I just know the real world!

• Like 4

This one is going to be very difficult - if they find City guilty, the punishments will be incredibly delicate - you want something that is significant and real, but you also can't push them hard enough that they simply say "f*** you" and take Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle and a couple of others and form their own league with the knobs in Spain and the frauds in Turin.

I think we're looking at another three or four years in court before we get to that stage anyway.

As might have been mentioned, the timing of this, with the government coming to decisions on oversight very shortly is interesting. Almost a display to put any efforts at oversight off.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Let's say they are stripped of all cups and titles and they are handed to the runners up. This would include such feats as-

Stoke City being 2011 FA Cup winners

Sunderland 2014 League Cup winners

Watford 2019 FA Cup winners

What odds for Pep to Chelsea either in the summer of before the end of the season?

Means nothing really though doesn’t it, for me any punishment needs to have future consequences. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

This one is going to be very difficult - if they find City guilty, the punishments will be incredibly delicate - you want something that is significant and real, but you also can't push them hard enough that they simply say "f*** you" and take Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle and a couple of others and form their own league with the knobs in Spain and the frauds in Turin.

I think we're looking at another three or four years in court before we get to that stage anyway.

As might have been mentioned, the timing of this, with the government coming to decisions on oversight very shortly is interesting. Almost a display to put any efforts at oversight off.

If the PL can turn Liverpool and Utd on City, there's no way they'll go off to join them in a Superleague.

Just kick em out to go play Juve and Madrid every year. 

One interesting thing will be whether they're looking at sponsorships - City make more sponsorship money than any club in the world.

That's including £67.5m from Etihad for the shirt, whatever they pay for the stadium sponsorship and a deal with &e who used to be called Etisalat as their communications partner. - (I presume they changed the name as the Eti in Eitsalat made it a bit obvious where the money was coming from). They also have Experience Abu Dhabi as their official destination partner, Emirates Palace as their official luxury hotel partner, Emirates based Aldar properties as their official real estate partner, Masdar, the Abu Dhabi based energy company as a global partner, First Abu Dhabi Bank as a regional partner and Abu Dhabi based Healthpoint as a regional healthcare partner,  

And outside of the Emirates, you also have all of these: Nissan, Midea, EA Sports, Cisco, Wix, QNET, Socios, Sure, Axi, JNC, Hays, Xylem, Sony, Gatorade, Unilumin Sports, Dsquared2, Acronis, Therabody, S.C.M, WeWork, Qualtrics,  Asahi Super Dry and the controversial 8xBet, linked to the same company as our next shirt sponsor.

It'd be interesting to see how many of those companies have the Emirates fund as a shareholder.

In fairness, that's not only a Manchester City problem, it's a football problem, there's a whole murky world of money underpinning the Premier league and it's no wonder they're all terrified of government oversight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

One interesting thing will be whether they're looking at sponsorships - City make more sponsorship money than any club in the world.

That's including £67.5m from Etihad for the shirt, whatever they pay for the stadium sponsorship and a deal with &e who used to be called Etisalat as their communications partner. - (I presume they changed the name as the Eti in Eitsalat made it a bit obvious where the money was coming from). They also have Experience Abu Dhabi as their official destination partner, Emirates Palace as their official luxury hotel partner, Emirates based Aldar properties as their official real estate partner, Masdar, the Abu Dhabi based energy company as a global partner, First Abu Dhabi Bank as a regional partner and Abu Dhabi based Healthpoint as a regional healthcare partner,  

And outside of the Emirates, you also have all of these: Nissan, Midea, EA Sports, Cisco, Wix, QNET, Socios, Sure, Axi, JNC, Hays, Xylem, Sony, Gatorade, Unilumin Sports, Dsquared2, Acronis, Therabody, S.C.M, WeWork, Qualtrics,  Asahi Super Dry and the controversial 8xBet, linked to the same company as our next shirt sponsor.

It'd be interesting to see how many of those companies have the Emirates fund as a shareholder.

In fairness, that's not only a Manchester City problem, it's a football problem, there's a whole murky world of money underpinning the Premier league and it's no wonder they're all terrified of government oversight.

There's an opportunity here to sort a few things out. All this official partner crap is a joke. We need an official toilet roll partner

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, that's not only a Manchester City problem, it's a football problem

Almost goes without saying, but some clubs have inflicted profound damage upon others by warping the pitch. "Everyone does it" is the same excuse Juventus just tried to use. Mid-level clubs and small-fry suffer especially badly when the game is crooked.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

I hope that this is the beginning of the end of the whole charade of financial fiddling by certain clubs and the whole flimsy house of cards that is the premier league comes crashing down.

Be great if Man city is to be 1.....barred from transfers for 5 years, 2...relegated as per rangers to league 2 and 3....I dont know .....their stadium blown up and an industrial waste processing site built on the remains perhaps.

We all knew they were cheaters, and now they have been found out, for the integrity of football, the book should be thrown at them and be made an example of....

What will happen though 10k fine .....slap on wrist....

Â