Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

i guess the only opinion that counts is Sir Gary Cahill, but last i heard he was seen in the Mongolian rain forest surrounded by hungry cannibalistic tribesman armed with nothing but a Kindle and a wooden duck caller.

i cant wait for his thread claiming to have unearthed a once in a generation player out there

3rd prize - a tactical seminar hosted by Alex McLeish

Anyhoo, back on topic;

The last time I remember McLeish talking up a young winger like that, it was Nathan Redmond at Blose, so hopefully young Carruthers will step up soon.

3rd prize - a tactical seminar hosted by Alex McLeish

On how to play attractive attacking football in the second half of games.

The seminar is all very theoretical apparently.

Why are we not giving that jamaican kid a chance Daniel Johnson is it? Im sure he played in our preseason friendlies and looked good

Im sure he could supply his fellow countryman rambo up top as well

If ever a chant of "There's only one Samir Carruthers" was appropriate, this is it.

Because I'll bet he is literally the only person of that name in the world.

Carruthers is a strange one. I watched him through his couple of years with the under 18s and know his parents fairly well who would always drive up from Hertfordshire to support him. He was pretty close to asking to leave during his final year as McAndrew had shoved him out on the wing and preferred Johnson in the middle of the park. I've always thought that Carruthers was the much better player. Physically he is stronger and better equipped for a higher level and has that little bit of aggression thats needed. He seems to have knuckled down in a wider position but I still think he is far more suited to a central role or that role he played for most of the game last night playing just behind a centre forward. As for his nationality I think he qualifies for Ireland, England, Scotland and Morocco....pretty diverse

McCleish mentioned he was close to the first team squad and he has starred consistently for our excellent reserves this season, and seems to be raved about!

Most think he has come on a great deal this season.

Does anyone have any opinions on him and think he would be a better option on the wing than Albrighton or Gabby?

my opinion is it would be nice to seem him come off the bench at the very least!

Being as Gabby cant play on the wing and Allbrighton has been utter gash for about 12 months it cant do any harm

Â