Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

• 1 month later...

Met him today at my work down here in London. Was talking to him for about 5 mins. Top lad. Happy to talk and asked a few questions himself and answered all of mine.

He seems to be frustrated over the past two years. Said McLiesh gave him a little look in but since PL arrived feels he hasn't had a real opportunity, or none of the young lads for that matter.

Spoke about a few things whilst he was in the shop won't mention them all but seems likes guy who just wants to play football at the highest level and seems he would love to do that for villa.

• Like 1

Better prospect than Wilshere? Hahahaha carruthers won't make it here I'm afraid

Same as Weimann didn't and Ethan Moore and Delfouneso did?

Has weimann made it? He doesn't look like a premier league player to me at all, Delfouneso is still a villa player and can still make it here

Weimann is a Premier League player given that he's been a first teamer in a Premier League team for the past year.

that doesnt mean anything. Wiemann is over weight, over paid, a crap finisher, has no ball control and has no football brain. He is also arrogant, how he earns so much is a total mystery.

Is Carruthers another one of these mythical reserve players who is hyped for several years before leaving to a League 2 club?

Possibly. I've seen him play a few times now though, I'd be surprised if he didn't have a career in the top flight at some point. Maybe he'd need to drop down for a while first.

I don't think he's been THAT hyped though. 20 pages is hardly mega.

Hadn't heard much about Carrutgers lately so did a bit of reading on a couple MK Dons forums. Seems a decent majority like him and more that he shows flashes of great potential and most want to see his loan extended. Looks like the biggest criticism is that at times he doesn't know how to play it simple and will go for the complicated ball or hold on to the ball too long. Glad too see he is making a decent impression and I hope he can extend his stay at Dons and really kick on from there.

• Like 1

Hadn't heard much about Carrutgers lately so did a bit of reading on a couple MK Dons forums. Seems a decent majority like him and more that he shows flashes of great potential and most want to see his loan extended. Looks like the biggest criticism is that at times he doesn't know how to play it simple and will go for the complicated ball or hold on to the ball too long. Glad too see he is making a decent impression and I hope he can extend his stay at Dons and really kick on from there.

Probably something we could do with!

He definitely has the ability, I remember he came on against Liverpool some time ago and nutmegged Gerrard with his first touch of the ball.

This is what I remember of him, skimmed a few players then got wrongly yellow carded for diving when really he got wiped out.

Keep wanting to see him played again though! Back in Jan from loan spell so will see what happens!

• Like 1

They way our performances are at Villa Park at the moment he'd be as paralyzed as the rest of the kids if he got a look in. He needs brought in when there's a few more experienced heads to keep him right, not just Ron Vlaar. It's the same for all the kids we have - they're all shitting themselves and don't want the ball and there's no one on the pitch to calm them down and build their confidence.

Hopefully the supposed change in transfer policy will address this to some extent.

Â