Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

i too would of liked to see him get into the team at some point this season, but if this benefits him more and theres no option to buy clause, it can only be a good thing does anyone know the duration of the loan deal yet?

we dont need to worry too much, we still have gardner, grealish, bacuna, delph and even nzogbia if we cant shift him

Good. Last year was wasted for him in regards first team participation, a couple of bench appearences and that was it.

We need to get away from thinking being all conquering at youth level will lead to 11 first team regulars, it didn't work in 2002 or 2008.

Most Premier league clubs realise with the decline of reserve football now that young players just need to be playing competitive football somewhere so I'm happy we're finally waking up to this aswell.

• Like 1

It is clear what Lambert is doing. He has seen what players like Bannan and Delfouneso have turned into without getting experience of what it is to be a footballer before it is too late. Both the two mentioned did go out on loan, but it seems by that point they already thought they'd "made it".

I'm all for as many of the youngsters who are ready to go out on loan, definitely better than getting 10 sub appearances / cup games in the season for Villa. Going on loan creates a better mindset.

Good move, just hope its just a couple of months though. Potentially players like Carruthers can impress on their loans and then come back putting every competition in the squad. I don't think its as achievable when they are just playing reserve fixtures and the odd cup game.

Good. Last year was wasted for him in regards first team participation, a couple of bench appearences and that was it.

We need to get away from thinking being all conquering at youth level will lead to 11 first team regulars, it didn't work in 2002 or 2008.

Most Premier league clubs realise with the decline of reserve football now that young players just need to be playing competitive football somewhere so I'm happy we're finally waking up to this aswell.

Been saying this for ages.

...........Also had a dream last night that Carruthers scored 2 great goals in a 3-1 victory for us........!

Samir Carruthers excited by MK Dons loan
samir-carruthers.jpg
© PA Photos

By Darren Plant, Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 06:50 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 08:11 UK
Midfielder Samir Carruthers believes that his style of play will fit in well at MK Dons.

Carruthers has moved to the League One club fromAston Villa until January, and the Republic of Ireland Under-21 international has admitted that it represents a great opportunity to showcase his potential to Villa manager Paul Lambert.

The 20-year-old told the Irish Independent: "MK Dons play my type of football so I was only delighted to agree the move until January.

"Last season, I sat around on the bench a lot and I wanted to get out on loan. But, because of the number of injuries that we had at Villa, I was struggling to get out.

"This year, the manager has let me get some game time on loan. All I want to do is play football and show what I can do."

Carruthers has made three Premier League appearances at Villa Park.

Â