Ryan Giggs - only 64 caps for Wales

MrDuck

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Giggs was a steady performer. Rarely put in lower than 7/10 performances every week. That's what made him so impressive.

I don't find that impressive. I agree with your point that he was consistent but he wasn't ever really a great player.

I think it's a combination of the success at United when he was there, the fact he was there so long and the fact that he played for man united is the reason he gets so much credit. 

Edited by villa89

Great player, total arsehole.

Never wanted him as Wales manager although putting aside my dislike of him he’s done a pretty good job overall, hopefully this will see him leave the position.

I never understood how we could hire a guy as Manager who was so uncommitted to the cause as a player, how is he meant to inspire others?!

Having an affair is bad enough, doing it with your sister in law is even worse, he could have had anyone, it was a total power play and a way of stroking his ego. Now this, the guy is a complete dickhead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

uncommitted to the cause as a player, 

Apparently he's quite uncommitted as a manager too. He doesn't really bother going to matches to watch Welsh players in action. Quite the arrogant arsehole by all accounts.

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Apparently he's quite uncommitted as a manager too. He doesn't really bother going to matches to watch Welsh players in action. Quite the arrogant arsehole by all accounts.

Didn't he admit to not watching Gareth Bale at Madrid as he couldn't afford/be bothered to get the additional subscription service when la liga left sky?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CardiffGreens said:

Didn't he admit to not watching Gareth Bale at Madrid as he couldn't afford/be bothered to get the additional subscription service when la liga left sky?

I know he’s very wealthy but I’d have thought he’d claim stuff like that on expenses alongside other watching players costs?

I think the issue is would United have been successful without Ryan Giggs, compared to say Keane, Ronaldo, Cantona, Schmeichel etc he really wasnt as influential. Forgetting his longevity I think he would struggle to make a top 20 list of greatest United players

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the issue is would United have been successful without Ryan Giggs, compared to say Keane, Ronaldo, Cantona, Schmeichel etc he really wasnt as influential. Forgetting his longevity I think he would struggle to make a top 20 list of greatest United players

didn't Ferguson have him as one his world class players along with Scholes, Cantona and Ronaldo.  In fact he said he only had four world class players and Giggs was one. 

Edited by PaulC

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

didn't Ferguson have him as one his world class players along with Scholes, Cantona and Ronaldo.  In fact he said he only had four world class players and Giggs was one. 

PSA. Fergie was full of shit on a lot of subjects.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, villa89 said:

I can imagine, he has alot of other projects such as salfrord city , his chain of hotels , he’s lucky Osian Roberts created a huge pool of players which took alot of work tbf finding out if so and so’s grandmother was welsh ect, the job should have been Roberts  when Coleman left, only reason Giggs took it was to make him self more attractive to Utd

Edited by gwi1890

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

Only 4 world class players the poor lamb

10 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Only 4 world class players the poor lamb

he did quantify that by saying that its only attacking players, game changers that he considered for World class. I would say Brian Robson was close to world class and would have been as important as Keane if he had of been a few years younger. 

Edited by PaulC

Â