What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

I'd go along with it being a 7/10 game, and that's absolutely fine for me at the moment. 

I don't even hate the requirement to fill up your bike with petrol relatively frequently, at least it adds and element of authenticity to the world. 

The hordes are a great challenge too, at least at the stage I'm at, you really don't want to mess with them...unless you kinda cheese it, which is what I did with a horde in a cave, lure a few out a bit at a time, off them, repeat until they're all gone. 

At the moment it's a mixture of Diablo 4, Medieval Dynasty and the PS5 update of Dead Cells.

All good and all very different.

Really looking forward to getting some hours in on Remnant 2 when it's released this week. Adored the first one and this is supposed to be a marked improvement so its a first day purchase 👍

Put about 10 to 12 hours in to pokemon and yeah it's a kids game, it's too easy, you can see there's mechanics there and patterns like fire beats grass water beats stone etc and then you have loads of items such as berries and stuff that you can throw but 99% of battles are a bit of common sense as to what type of pokemon you're fighting, use your pokemon that counters it, hit them twice and you win, use a potion to heal your pokemon move on to the next one, rinse and repeat thousands of times, the combat isn't clever or satisfying enough to keep it going, there's no in fight strategy or plan needed

On 23/07/2023 at 22:47, Designer1 said:

Really looking forward to getting some hours in on Remnant 2 when it's released this week. Adored the first one and this is supposed to be a marked improvement so its a first day purchase 👍

Reviewing well (IGN gave it 9/10) and it's pre-loaded and ready to play once I've finished work.

image.jpeg.0585778489bbf4141e77487f3faaecd0.jpeg

Decent game. A bit of a walking sim like previous games. 

Life is Strange 1 was the best one - 8.5/10

Life is Strange Before the Storm - 7/10

Life is Strange 2 - 6/10

Life is Strange True Colors - 7/10

image.jpeg.4dc56a470670f7fc430ccc516f38b3cc.jpeg

image.jpeg.6e2308712f3043468b068a7eed63df79.jpeg

Just finished Immortals: Fenyx Rising.

A great game by Ubisoft.  Like a mixture of Breath of the Wild / Zelda and Assassin's Creed Odyssey.   

Lots of puzzles, great map and graphics, fun and quirky, good humour from the Greek gods.

7.5/10

• Like 1

I used to be a gamer for several hours pretty much every day. Kind of dwindled off, partly due to parenthood, and partly due to having a ridiculous ultrawide monitor I got for work that my poor GPU has no chance of handling, and couldn't really justify upgrading when I hardly get the time.

But Baldur's Gate 3 is days away, I've bought a fancy new GPU, and I've got the house to myself on launch weekend. I can't **** wait, going to be living my best single life for a couple of days :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/08/2023 at 09:43, Davkaus said:

I used to be a gamer for several hours pretty much every day. Kind of dwindled off, partly due to parenthood, and partly due to having a ridiculous ultrawide monitor I got for work that my poor GPU has no chance of handling, and couldn't really justify upgrading when I hardly get the time.

But Baldur's Gate 3 is days away, I've bought a fancy new GPU, and I've got the house to myself on launch weekend. I can't **** wait, going to be living my best single life for a couple of days :D 

Yup, same. I have about 30h in the EA but haven't played for years so really excited. 

3 minutes ago, hogso said:

What's generally considered to be the best Far Cry? Never played one. 

2 is the pretentious choice.

3 is the one that reinvented the series into what it is now.

Every game that followed is basically variations on what 3 made, and which is best is mostly a matter of taste.

• Like 2

Circling back to Pokemon Soul Silver after having a romp in White 2 (excellent game, the post game was so engaging). 

Trying to train my Pokémon to stand a chance in that final battle (if you know, you know). It's such a slog. The level curve in this game is horrendous, so wild Pokémon are definitely a no-go, as are regular trainers. My Pokémon are just way stronger.

The only option is rematching the Elite Four who are almost as hard as the fight I'm training lol. You can actually rematch the gym leaders, but you have to find them roaming somewhere random and then you can only rematch them on specific days. Everything is just so tedious. How these games are held up as the best in the series I'll never know.

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

2 is the pretentious choice.

3 is the one that reinvented the series into what it is now.

Every game that followed is basically variations on what 3 made, and which is best is mostly a matter of taste.

3 is a bit like AC odyssey in that the map is balanced enough to make it a 8/10 game as opposed to the usual ubisoft scattergun 6/10 game

They're all playable but 3 is definitley the best

On 23/07/2023 at 22:47, Designer1 said:

At the moment it's a mixture of Diablo 4, Medieval Dynasty and the PS5 update of Dead Cells.

Two trophies away from the Platinum on MD now and it's been one of my favourite games from the last few years.

Very chilled but very, very addictive. 

Just started my very first play through of Dark Souls 3.  Loved similar games and had the DS series for a while.  Finally getting round to playing it.  Looking forward to this.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dubbs said:

Just started my very first play through of Dark Souls 3.  Loved similar games and had the DS series for a while.  Finally getting round to playing it.  Looking forward to this.

You lucky bugger. I would love to be playing that (or any Soulsborne game for that matter) for the first time.

Â