What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

On 11/11/2022 at 09:51, Dante_Lockhart said:

Madden 23 Ultimate Team mainly. Enjoying the challenges and team building.

As someone who clearly loves the game, do you have any tips as to how to enjoy being on defence? Especially not being that clued up on tactics. I used to play Madden every year, and I sort of came to the conclusion I needed to give up. I don't watch enough NFL to know what the hell I'm doing tactically, and it just makes it a bit pointless for me. It could really do with a tactical tutorial. 

Edited by HKP90
Typo

36 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

As someone who clearly loves the game, do you have any tips as to how to enjoy being on defence? Especially not being that clued up on tactics. I used to play Madden every year, and I sort of came to the conclusion I needed to give up. I don't watch enough NFL to know what the hell I'm doing tactically, and it just makes it a bit pointless for me. It could really do with a tactical tutorial. 

I find it the same as fifa in that one of the hardest things on defence is the split second where you switch player and you're not necessarily playing in the same direction, madden is worse as I go from controlling a dline man going forward to a dB going backward

So I therefore tend to only control the dline, let the AI sort the secondary and I play like an 8 year old playing street fighter, mash the pad trying to pull a move off

Failing that have a look at the sliders, I reduce roughing the passer off so I can get away with late hits

On the tactic use coach recommendations so it's down to 3 to pick from, it's usually half decent, I watch a lot of nfl but still can't do it where it tells me the opponent is in the I formation so it's a running play etc if it's a short down I tend to send everyone

17 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Online CoD is brutally toxic unless you play at least 4 hours a day to get up to speed. Can't be bothered getting to the level I'd need to be at to enjoy it.

I've probably had less than 6 hours online in total and haven't found any toxicity tbf. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

I've probably had less than 6 hours online in total and haven't found any toxicity tbf. 

Nah nor me "mute everyone" straight away, just play how you want and they change the game modes to suit it, like I said I play domination because that's the mode that gets me the most points, there's people on there who bizarrely ignore the control points and just go round killing on it but that means I can get one of the highest scores

All that said my enjoyment from CoD comes from the progression system and ticking the boxes, getting the tags and colours etc, I take them as challenges such as getting 500 headshots with a certain gun gets you a certain skin for it, that's the game for me, didn't even bother to prestige on cold war I just held on level 50 and instead went after trying to get a gold AK47 (which I achieved thanks to zombies) and my problem with CoD is I'm sure treyarch, sledgehammer and IW all do it differently and I can never remember which one I like but I'm sure 1 of them has a progression system that I find really boring

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Just started Tales of Arise.

Good lord that intro cut scene song lol 😂 

Have to say though, I’m about 3 hours in and it’s by far the best Tales of game I’ve played since Xillia. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hogso said:

Oddly, I don't think it was much more than 3 hours in that I dropped it

Tales of Graces comfortably my favourite in the series

The only thing I’m not a fan of is the slightly more realistic art style instead of the slightly cel shaded anime look. Makes it feel like a mix of Dragon Quest XI/Tales of. 

I still have no idea why Xillia is my favourite, I think it’s the locations which I loved. Followed by Symphonia. 

On 12/11/2022 at 15:43, HKP90 said:

Online CoD is brutally toxic unless you play at least 4 hours a day to get up to speed. Can't be bothered getting to the level I'd need to be at to enjoy it.

I love invasion but **** me those snipers 🤬

Elden Ring.

It's the newer game and arguably more approachable, and it takes a lot of the fundamental gameplay and mechanics of the Souls series and polishes them up or makes them less obtuse. But you should play Dark Souls at some point - it's a brilliant game, but a decade old now.

• Like 2

They've got nioh 2 as the psn+ game of the month too which is a different studio but from what I've read tries to replicate the general gameplay

Obviously there's bloodborne on the psn collection too, surprised that hasn't had a ps5 remaster announced yet

On 12/11/2022 at 15:43, HKP90 said:

Not sure if you mean the comms are toxic or just the general play style of the game.

I'll download the game for Warzone 2.0 but if they have got loadouts back I just don't have time to level up guns anymore and if you don't have the meta guns you stand no chance.

When covid hit I was playing loads, dropped some 20+ kill games in squads but the SBMM ended it for me.

9 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Advice please

Dark Souls or Elden Ring, I've heard they are very similar 

Elden Ring.. As mentioned above here,if you like it,there are all the other games from From Software that you will enjoy if you like this. I have only played a few From Software games. Sekiro Shadows Die Twice beeing my favourite so far. I think Elden Ring is by far their biggest game. I think i used a little under 150 hours to complete. Sekiro took about 30 IIRC

• Like 1

Â