Straight choice - Ellis or Lerner?

Risso

Who do you prefer?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer?

• Doug Ellis
    • Randy Lerner

Just interested to see how much Lerner's approval rating compared to the previous incumbent Ellis has fallen from what I imagine would have been near 100% 6 years ago.

I know Ellis had his faults, but under him I saw us play our best football under Taylor, Atkinson and Little, and actually win a couple of trophies. I know that there are negative points too, such as the relegation in the eighties, the treatment of Barton and the renaming of the stand, but I have to say that I enjoyed the majority of the football I watched under his tenure far more than I have that under Lerner, even when we were doing well under O'Neill.

Lerner was a breath of fresh air when he arrived, but in my opinion, he never really knew what he was doing, and the majority of the money spent has been wasted. This has saddled us with high debt and mounting losses, leading to the predicament we're in now, which I can see lasting until Lerner sells.

Ellis for me then.

(Perhaps a passing mod could add a poll)?

EDIT: Dutch Villa Fan added , Bicks

Lerner. I'm quite fond of the bloke actually. I can understand the appointment of AMC and the need to lower the wage bill.

My opinion on Lerner will be really decided once we have completely lowered the wage bill, what happens then? Will he re-invest or just be happy finishing between 15-10th every season.

effective football under taylor, i was there in the holte watching a lot of it and it wasn't pretty. atkinson had us playing with more style as did little.

to the point though, lerner over ellis in terms of investment throughout the club. he's cutting back on wages for the playing staff now to be in line with the fair play rules. the investment in the training facilities and the academy will soon be bearing fruit.

i know since MON left we've hit hard times and the whole situation at the moment isn't rosey but still lerner over ellis for me.

I appreciate that people are free to choose Ellis in the same way you are free to choose, say, scientology as your religion. But given what both have done, I can't take anyone seriously who chooses him unless they're of an age that they can't remember, in which case they're excused.

£lli$ ? Are you joking me? Lerner is a 1000 times better than that old word removed. A lot of people on here seem to have it in for lerner because of poor managerial appointments but you can't argue with the money he has put into the club and things like the holte hotel, Holte end mosaic. bodymoor heath etc. He's a great owner and I think is perfectly reasonable that he wants to trim the excessive wage bill that MON left us with. How quickly people forget...

It is a tough one really and not quite as simple as saying one or the other

I wanted Ellis gone he was holding us back IMO but we arguably achieved more as a club under him despite having significant less funding. We were , however, stable which is something Lerner is now striving for

Under lerner we had the hope restored, but he has failed to deliver against that and demondtrates that he will be unable to deliver IMO

But he has a tattoo

If you put a gun to my head I would say Ellis.

It's a closer call than I ever imagined it could be but I pick Lerner. Below is one of the reasons why.

ISgVz.jpg

:(

Did people know this was planned at the time, or did they think it was a bit of renovating? Did anyone go and try and stop it, like it Dale Farm?

Lerner. Current situation isn't great but with Ellis this was a 3 yr cycle, I think time has softened people's memory of Ellis. As for not letting us become a laughing stock, Ellis himself became a laughing stock within football. Inventor of the bicycle kick and father to numerous players, along with father figure in the Preeeemiieeer League.

Lerner all the way.

Â