Snow Watch!

trekka

Oh cool, the paths are clearing up, maybe I can go for a ru... oh wait, it is snowing again and absolutely Baltic outside.

If this is the pattern for the future of the UK then I'm buggering off.

The weather itself isn't bad, I should add, just everything that goes with it i.e. being inside, being cold (like when the oil runs out and it costs £54345645 to heat the house), and drinking too much coffee as a result and subsequently pissing like a horse.

Bah.

Still some serious 6ft snow drifts in rural parts of Lichfield and my gf managed drive my car straight into one and had to be rescued by a farmer. No damage thank god, she thought it was funny until I asked her if she had filled up as I had asked and she ran out if fuel too :-)

Looks like you're experiencing the same never ending winter we are...temps still well below average, still snow on the ground...really sick of it

Temps seem about average and most of the snow has melted inland...

I'm in Leeds at the moment. There is still quite a lot of snow on the ground, sill six foot drifts at the back of Roundhay Park.

I'm in Leeds at the moment. There is still quite a lot of snow on the ground, sill six foot drifts at the back of Roundhay Park.

Welcome to The North.

I'd offer to take you out for a pint this evening, but I'm going to the theatre.

I've fled back south to the sunnier climes of Warwickshire anyway.  Leeds is really growing on me though. It's a nice town. :) 

try Aqbar's for a curry in Leeds when you get the time

is it Aqbars? Not sure, I was smashed by the time I got there, to be honest, it could've been a Chinese the state I was in.

try Aqbar's for a curry in Leeds when you get the time

is it Aqbars? Not sure, I was smashed by the time I got there, to be honest, it could've been a Chinese the state I was in.

Worst recommendation ever :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...
Snow and winds of 65mph hit Devon and Cornwall
_67614615_princetownsnow.jpgSnow fell in Princetown overnight and a number of trees were brought down by high winds

Snow has fallen in parts of Devon in what has been described as "fairly unusual" weather for May.

Winds of up to 65mph also struck the South West coast overnight with a number of trees coming down, some blocking roads.

Western Power Distribution said homes in Cornwall were still without power after thousands were cut off overnight.

Two inches of snow also fell in Shropshire overnight and people have been warned to prepare for flooding.

Fourteen flood alerts are still in place in Devon and Cornwall following heavy rain on Monday.

Sheila Coates, from Princetown, told BBC Radio Devon: "It's crazy. When I went to bed last night I couldn't see out of my front window for the snow.

"I've lived here all my life and I've never known weather like it at this time of year."

Paul Mott, a forecaster at MeteoGroup, said: "We've certainly seen some strong winds, gusty winds overnight of 50-55mph over much of the English Channel coast.

"Earlier in the night there were winds of 65mph over the southern coast of Cornwall and Devon."

Mr Mott said the winds were "fairly unusual" for May and that a deep low pressure system over several parts of England had brought the cold weather.

The winds are expected to ease during Wednesday with the weather getting drier and brighter.

BBC

Â