"Club 12" from Glasgow

Richard

Celtic need Rangers to stay in healthy business as

1. they will have no competition and be slaughtered in Europe

2. financially except Champions LEague Rangers vs Celtic is only half meaningless match in league to generate cash. Celtic vs Aberdeen or Kilmarnock isnt the same

Celtic already get slaughtered in Europe. Rangers will always be their competition in Scotland no matter how far Rangers fall. The sheer numbers of their support mean any cutbacks will still keep them ahead of the 'competition' (sic). And one area where a poor Rangers will help Celtic is that Scotland only gets one CL place now, meaning it's Celtic's to keep. So they'd have that. The improvement in their CL performances depending on Rangers' quality would vary marginally if at all. The real limiting factor is in the players they can buy. Players have shown time and time again that they will move to Scotland if they can get the money and if they can win trophies. The players care little about whether their cross-town rivals are strong at the moment.

So, given that Rangers will only fall so far (and retain 2nd place), Celtic will go from strength to strength if they are allowed to win the SPL every year, fill their ground, do whatever they do in the CL and have their pick of the players Rangers would otherwise have rivalled them for.

They might find a mystery donator who will dig them out and save the club, and they might win 4 SPL titles, they might collapse and be in ruins. Either way, I really couldn't give a stuff.

Anything that stops Union Jacks and Irish flags being paraded around, bringing a politically charged agenda to football is more than welcome to disappear in my opinion.

Of course it is outrageous that the Union flag should be flown in the United Kingdom....

I take it the title of the thread is tongue in cheek. There is no such football club as "Glasgow Rangers".
Changed, for you.

You missed a trick my not changing it to Glasgow: Rangers though.

They might find a mystery donator who will dig them out and save the club, and they might win 4 SPL titles, they might collapse and be in ruins. Either way, I really couldn't give a stuff.

Anything that stops Union Jacks and Irish flags being paraded around, bringing a politically charged agenda to football is more than welcome to disappear in my opinion.

Of course it is outrageous that the Union flag should be flown in the United Kingdom....

When it's to signify support for Northern Ireland loyalists at a football match it is mate.

I know a few Rangers fans who live near me, one takes his whole family (and I mean whole: from his 82 year old father to his 11 year old niece) to Ibrox for every home game, that is some journey I tell you. If they did go bust I'd think of them, you have to realise that not every Rangers (or Celtic, for that matter) fan is a sectarian obsessed bigot and that for some it's just because that's the football team they support for whatever reason, just like us and Villa. I wouldn't like to see any football club go out of business (apart from SHA).

• Like 1

Wow into administration. Just seen it all over twitter, so dived into VT to catch up with what's going on.

How on earth does anyone mismanage such a massive club, which such a huge following?

The bottom fell out of the Scottish league when Setanta went bankrupt.

Â