Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victories for both Wigan and Blackburn today, we can't loose to either of them if we hope to stay up. Massive fixtures coming up after the City game. I just wan't this season to be over...

We won't go down (he says hopefully and with fingers crossed) because there are at least 3 teams who are decidedly worse than we are.

Pick any 3 from Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Wolves and QPR.

That good fortune will be the thing that saves us and McLeish this season. However, there is always next season to worry about.

Dont underestimate Wigan, Wolves, Blackburn, QPR and the like. All of them have the stomach for a fight and have shown an ability to battlet their way away from the drop.

McLeish on the other hand has not, his teams dropped like a stone without a whiff of fight.

Dont underestimate Wigan, Wolves, Blackburn, QPR and the like. All of them have the stomach for a fight and have shown an ability to battlet their way away from the drop.

McLeish on the other hand has not, his teams dropped like a stone without a whiff of fight.

We are 7 points ahead of those sides tho.

Well aware of McLeish's loving of relegation but a squad with Given , Gabby , Bent wont be relegated this season.

Not even McDiabolical could manage that.

If he ever did manage to he would go down in history as the shittest manager in world history ever. There would have to be some form of state ceremony to honour such a ridiculous shite acheievement.

It won't happen just to be in the dunces half this season is on its own a disgrace.

I agree it would take a collapse of epic proportions for us to go down. The thing is we're capaple of it, McLeish already done it before and since our team lacks both confidence and leadership we can just hope we stumble upon enough points to stay up.

Well aware of McLeish's loving of relegation but a squad with Given , Gabby , Bent wont be relegated this season.

If he ever did manage to he would go down in history as the shittest manager in world history ever. There would have to be some form of state ceremony to honour such a ridiculous shite acheievement.

It won't happen just to be in the dunces half this season is on its own a disgrace.

I agree, but what if we get hit with a bad injury crisis?

I agree, but what if we get hit with a bad injury crisis?

That is purely hypothetical at moment.

You don't a need a hypotetical injury crisis or a hypothetical relegation to know that McLeish is a shit manager.

For us to be 14th in february is unacceptable , winning 6 games in 24 Prem games , not winning a home game in 4 months is more than enough to criticse this very crap manager.

To stay up this season we will only need probably 35 points or something.

Which even McRubbish should manage but to be doing as badly as we have done is enough to criticse McLeish for without imagining a very very unlikely relegation this season.

Well i said going into the QPR game that we needed 12 points from the next 6 games (discounting the obvious surrender against Man City)to take the heat off & for me that was exactly why Keane was brought in to get us the required points from those fixtures. I had us down as follows

QPR (H) WIN .............Actual DRAW

Necastle (a) DRAW... ..Actual LOST

Man City (H) LOSS...... Actual LOST

Wigan (A) DRAW............Actual ???? KEANE LEAVES

Blackburn (A) DRAW....Actual????

Fulham (H) WIN..........Actual????

Bolton (H) WIN...........Actual????

Total Pts i guessed at = 10 (allowing for a slip up against either Fulham or Bolton) Actual achieved so far from those 6 with 2 + City played = 1

So we now need to win 3 of the next 4 to be comfortable in my opinion which would put us on 37 points as we then have:

Arsenal (A) LOSE

Chelsea (H) DRAW

Liverpool (A) LOSE

Stoke (H) DRAW

Man Utd (A) LOSE

Sunderland (H) LOSE

West Brom (A) LOSE

Tottenham (H) LOSE

Norwich (A) DRAW

So i can only see 3 points from the remaining games realistically on current form... Even that would only have us finishing on 40 points!

Too close for comfort for my liking & we best hope we beat the teams below us from now on in else we are really in it.

The problem is that Mcleish has a habit of finishing seasons poorly - both his relegated teams looked to be reasonably comfortable jan\feb - but then they scarcley won a game. This is where we are at the moment. Looking safe , barring a massive collapse , but with a manager who has record of such collapses

I'm getting scared now. We risk getting sucked into a real dogfight towards the tail end of the season. However, unlike last season I'm not sure we'll put up any fight at all. McLeish has to be one of the worst motivators in the league.

If we don't get maximum points from our next 4 games we're be right in it as we're playing those teams below and around us.

Personally, I'd sack AMc now - get a new bloke in over the 2 weeks international break and hope for 'new manager syndrome' to kick in for those vital next fixtures!!!!

I hear Capello's available :winkold:

The problem is that Mcleish has a habit of finishing seasons poorly - both his relegated teams looked to be reasonably comfortable jan\feb - but then they scarcley won a game. This is where we are at the moment. Looking safe , barring a massive collapse , but with a manager who has record of such collapses

Absolutely agree Smetrov

The scary thing is our fixture list is perfectly set up for such a collapse in fact i would even go so far as to say it is inevitable with our run starting with Arsenal away.

I agree it would take a collapse of epic proportions for us to go down. The thing is we're capaple of it, McLeish already done it before and since our team lacks both confidence and leadership we can just hope we stumble upon enough points to stay up.

Indeed. At one stage last season it looked impossible for Blues to go down, but under McLeish they somehow managed it.