Relegation - Merged

Amo69

If we don't get maximum points from our next 4 games we're be right in it as we're playing those teams below and around us.

Personally, I'd sack AMc now - get a new bloke in over the 2 weeks international break and hope for 'new manager syndrome' to kick in for those vital next fixtures!!!!

I hear Capello's available :winkold:

8 points would be fine.

That would get us up to 36 points and even McLeish couldn't relegate a side from that position.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate gave me 100-1 today for a fiver that we would not go down. He was deadly serious. I think this shows you have to be a villa fan watching us week in week out to fully apprieciate how poor we are playing.

Blimey, these next four games are massive. Two week break to get their heads right before we take on Wigan. We HAVE to get something from our next two games at least or we get sucked in to the scrap. Lose them and we don't seem capable enough of holding out for scrappy wins, never mind draws. One thing we also have to remember, Alex McLeish is a master at getting teams relegated. He has never failed at this!!

I didn't think relegation was possible a couple of weeks ago, but 1 point from QPR, Newcastle and City, the manner of todays performances and our upcoming fixtures has made me think otherwise.

We need to get majority points from the next four games IMO, Wigan away, Blackburn away, Fulham home and Bolton home. From March 24th onwards it gets difficult, especially if we don't pick up much from next 4. Arsenal home, Chelsea home, Liverpool away, Stoke home, United away, Sunderland home, Baggies away, Spurs and Norwich away. Those same fixtures last year we got an unbelievable 2 points (bar Norwich of course). The four we play next we managed 5 points. If the same thing happens this season, we'd finish on 35 points (38 if win away at Norwich).

Just found this on the BBC page from the day Blues got relegated last season

They frustrated the home side, who found themselves allowed plenty of possession in 70% of the pitch, but were harried out of it in the remaining 30% closest to the Birmingham goal.

Unfortunately, this nullified City's threat at the other end, where Cameron Jerome found himself isolated up front and too often running without support down blind alleys, where packs of Spurs defenders lurked to rob him of possession.

Blues had to WIN that game to guarantee survival. Ok, Spurs were good opposition but McLeish seemed happy to play for a draw and rely on other results going his way. It beggars belief.

If we are unlucky enough to find ourselves in a relegation scrap, I fear the worst with him in charge.

I've looked at the next 4 sets of fixtures and even if we lose all 4 of our games none of the teams below will go above us. They all have tough fixtures, Bolton and Wolves especially, and also play each other. 36 points will be enough to stay up and I think we'll get there in the next 4 games.

I think 34-35 points may even be enough to stay up this season. We won't go down, yet we shouldn't be anywhere near this end of the table in the first place.

People keep saying our last few games are tough, yet those in the relegation zone have the same issue. We're lucky that the ones below us are even worse than us. Any other season and we would probably go down...

With 3 of our next 4 games against teams below us in the league and hot favourites for relegation we have to pick up serious points.

We cannot afford to pick up less than 50% of the points available during the next 4 games or it will be squeaky bum time.

I agree it would take a collapse of epic proportions for us to go down. The thing is we're capaple of it, McLeish already done it before and since our team lacks both confidence and leadership we can just hope we stumble upon enough points to stay up.

Indeed. At one stage last season it looked impossible for Blues to go down, but under McLeish they somehow managed it.

And guess who we play last game of the season. Yep, the team that sent blues down on the last day last season!

I agree it would take a collapse of epic proportions for us to go down. The thing is we're capaple of it, McLeish already done it before and since our team lacks both confidence and leadership we can just hope we stumble upon enough points to stay up.

Indeed. At one stage last season it looked impossible for Blues to go down, but under McLeish they somehow managed it.

And guess who we play last game of the season. Yep, the team that sent blues down on the last day last season!

Norwich????!!!!

Norwich????!!!!

Ah I missed out home game.

Even if I look at the games incredibly negatively, I can't see us not making 37 points. This is a very pessimistic prediction:

Wigan (A) - 1 point

Blackburn (A) - 1 point

Fulham (H) - 1 point

Bolton (H) - 3 points

Arsenal (A) - 0 points

Chelsea (H) - 1 point

Liverpool (A) - 0 points

Stoke (H) - 1 point

Man U (A) - 0 points

Sunderland (H) - 0 points

Baggies (A) - 1 points

Spurs (H) - 0 points

Norwich (A) - 0 points

That's guessing that we only win 1 more game this season in 13 games and we'd still probably finish safe. I'm pretty sure we'll pick up a strange win here or there though, à la Chelsea.

Mcleish does seem to have a knack of grinding out a random result here or there, so it's likely we could finish on about 42 points. Still, we finished on 64 points in the 09/10 season. Tragic how far we've fallen in such a small space of time.

If anyone is capable of taking us down from this position, it's probably McLeish. And how often do we see one of the "safe" sides dragged into the relegation battle in the last few months of the season? Worrying times!

I'm really worried it will go like this,

Wigan (A) - 0 point

Blackburn (A) - 0 point

Fulham (H) - 1 point

Bolton (H) - 3 points

Arsenal (A) - 0 points

Chelsea (H) - 0 point

Liverpool (A) - 0 points

Stoke (H) - 1 point

Man U (A) - 0 points

Sunderland (H) - 0 points

Baggies (A) - 1 points

Spurs (H) - 0 points

Norwich (A) - 0 points

Seriously under this manager, without Dunne who may be out for the rest of the season and just 1 game left with Keane who has been a breath of fresh air, this could happen. 6pts more leaves us on 34pts.

I just hope that the players roll their sleeves up and ignore Mclueless negative shit and play for the C&B, if this happens we will comfortably avoid relegation, if not we are done for imo.