Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play Heskey and we are going to get relegated. The only thing that will keep us in this league with a shit defence is scoring as goals as we can. Heskey will not provide them.

Why can't McLeish see this?

Play Heskey and we are going to get relegated. The only thing that will keep us in this league with a shit defence is scoring as goals as we can. Heskey will not provide them.

Why can't McLeish see this?

Maybe it's because he is not a very good football manager.

At the very worst I can see us getting five points minimum. That's being really negative too.

In reality I think we will get a minimum of nine points from our remaining fixtures. Either way, we will stay up.

This thread was seen as overly negative and someone even called it ludicrous when I started it. I take no pleasure in seeing that fans are now taking relegation seriously. I have been one of the most positive villa fans over the years. Never have I thought we could be relegated no matter how bad it got. I've just never seen us playing this bad :(

I can see a point at Wigan and a win at home to Bolton, beyond that not much maybe the odd draw

Will 34 points be enough ?

If 34 points is enough to stay up then this season will be a piss poor season for those that go down.

IMO I don't think 34 points will be enough but I do think that we will achieve more than that and stay up. It won't be that McLeish suddenly becomes Mr Wonderful it will be because there are some seriously shit teams below us.

I can see a point at Wigan and a win at home to Bolton, beyond that not much maybe the odd draw

Will 34 points be enough ?

If 34 points is enough to stay up then this season will be a piss poor season for those that go down.

IMO I don't think 34 points will be enough but I do think that we will achieve more than that and stay up. It won't be that McLeish suddenly becomes Mr Wonderful it will be because there are some seriously shit teams below us.

34 may be enough this season. The teams below us are some of the worst I have ever seen, plus their records are awful.

Let's remember that they all have tough fixtures ahead too and have all been averaging less points than us, even though we have been bloody awful.

Will 36 points = safety this year ?
What makes you think we'll even get that total?

Oh come on, things are not that bad. Only 8 points away.

And where are those points going to come from?

I predict at least 3 wins from the last 13. Wigan, Fulham and Norwich. And possibly Bolton home too. Plus you just know there will be many draws too. I predict 41 points at the end of the season. So 13 points from the last 13 games. Not great, but enough to stay up.

41 points? Would that be worse than we've ever done in the Premier League? I think it would be.

Suddenly the seven points we are ahead of the bottom three teams don't look to be anywhere near a big enough gap.

42 points and a 16th place finish is our worst for a decade. I wonder if McLeish can get worse than one or both of these.

41 points? Would that be worse than we've ever done in the Premier League? I think it would be.

Suddenly the seven points we are ahead of the bottom three teams don't look to be anywhere near a big enough gap.

42 points and a 16th place finish is our worst for a decade. I wonder if McLeish can get worse than one or both of these.

If that turns out to be the case, I sincerely hope that his job becomes untenable.

I laughed at the mention of relegation a couple of months back, but I too believe it to be a realistic possiblilty now.

The day McLeish was appointed it became a very real possibility.

Why did you laugh a few months ago?

Did you believe that Villa were immune?

Yeah it would, previous worst is 43 in 05/06 under David O Leary. Last season I predicted the points total in February and got it exactly right . :lol:

But yeah 41 points is very poor.