Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we dont go down this season, we will next

there might be 5 teams worst than us this season, but come next yr, there will be 3 new teams coming up who will no doubt strengthen more than us, and so will the surviving 2 from the 5

19th is my prediction for next season

if we dont go down this season, we will next

there might be 5 teams worst than us this season, but come next yr, there will be 3 new teams coming up who will no doubt strengthen more than us, and so will the surviving 2 from the 5

19th is my prediction for next season

Unfortunately I agree with this. Next season is the one.

I can 100% guarantee the club will not go down, can everyone please relax. It is only 3 wins from 13 games needed to stay in the division

Mmm, only 3 wins needed from the next 13 games. Let me see now, we have won 6 out of 25 thus far. That is a win ratio of 1 in every 4.1666666 games and we need a win ratio of 1 in 4.333333. Yep, we should just about do it then.

I can 100% guarantee the club will not go down, can everyone please relax. It is only 3 wins from 13 games needed to stay in the division

Mmm, only 3 wins needed from the next 13 games. Let me see now, we have won 6 out of 25 thus far. That is a win ratio of 1 in every 4.1666666 games and we need a win ratio of 1 in 4.333333. Yep, we should just about do it then.

Football does not work like that. I have had a look at the remaining fixtures and I am 100% CERTAIN we will get 3 wins from the remaining games. And there is a nice 8 point cushion from the teams below us also.

Football does not work like that.

And yet it does when explaining that those below us aren't getting 1pt per game...

Let me first say I don't think we'll go down.

However, we only need 3 of the sides below us to catch us. Not all of them. QPR just need their new signings to settle in and they could do very well. They finally have a strikeforce. Blackburn are starting to put performances in now and they've just climbed outside the relegation zone and then there's Bolton who are currently 13th in the form guide and have had a recent upturn in form.

I'm confident we'll stay up, but it's not 100% certain, uppercase or not, and the fact we're even talking about it shows we're too close for comfort.

Football does not work like that.

And yet it does when explaining that those below us aren't getting 1pt per game...

Let me first say I don't think we'll go down.

However, we only need 3 of the sides below us to catch us. Not all of them. QPR just need their new signings to settle in and they could do very well. They finally have a strikeforce. Blackburn are starting to put performances in now and they've just climbed outside the relegation zone and then there's Bolton who are currently 13th in the form guide and have had a recent upturn in form.

I'm confident we'll stay up, but it's not 100% certain, uppercase or not, and the fact we're even talking about it shows we're too close for comfort.

I think we will stay up too. However, as you rightly said, it only needs 3 of the teams below us to catch up.

QPR have a relatively new manager and a couple of new signings (2 of them strikers) so may start to put a few results together soon. Blackburn are scoring goals now that Yakubu is back and look like they could put a few points together and Wolves will soon have new manager syndrome so may start to climb up.

I think Wigan and Bolton are doomed so there is probably 1 space up for grabs. I just hope we don't put a bid in for it.

There are alot of games where the bottom 5 have to play eachother, therfore they can not both get the full 3 points. QPR - I agree they have improved their strike force, but their defence is conceding 2 goals per game. Gabbidon and a few of the others just aint good enough for this level. That is their big problem.

Another way of looking at Bolton is 1 point from the last 3 games, including a home defeat to Wigan. Home against Wiagn is possibly the easiest premiership fixture this season, Bolton are currently in a mess.

This time last season there was the same kind of talk on these messageboards, and I remember saying the same thing about the club not going down. Look what happened, finished 9th.

The concern is, there is rumours of serious disharmony in the camp

This will surely be to our detriment whilst other teams appear to be galvanising or appointing new managers

What rumours of serious disharmony?

The concern is, there is rumours of serious disharmony in the camp

This will surely be to our detriment whilst other teams appear to be galvanising or appointing new managers

Where did you hear this? What is your source?

Well if Dunne is out for any length of time who is going to partner Collins? Cuellar which would mean Warnock back in the team.

I wouldnt right of relegation as I think we could be right down there come the last game of the season.

Well we know the history with cliques, Warnock, Dunne & Collins all known trouble makers

At Newcastle players were having unpleasant exchanges with McLeish

Rumours yesterday about Ireland and NZogbia

We all saw zogs tweet last week before he deleted it

Something ain't right down B6

Well we know the history with cliques, Warnock, Dunne & Collins all known trouble makers

At Newcastle players were having unpleasant exchanges with McLeish

Rumours yesterday about Ireland and NZogbia

We all saw zogs tweet last week before he deleted it

Something ain't right down B6

So rumours and gossip, nothing concrete. :winkold:

You could be right though, but I hope not, everyone needs to be pulling in the right direction for the last 13 games.

McLeish needs a minimum off 7 points from the next 4 games, I think Blackburn will do us on their patch as thay score a lot of goals.

Wigan away, Fulham at home and Bolton at home are games that now sadly I cannot predict. In previous years I would have said Wigan, Bolton and Fulham is 9 points in the bag but now...........

We need to make as many points from the next 4 matches because after that we have a very shitty run in facing Arsenal, Chelsea, ManUre and Liverpool in four of the following five matches (Stoke being the 5th!!!).

(Even after that we face the return of MON, a derby with the boggies, Spudzzz and finally Norwich)

If we get lower than 7 points out of the next getable 12 we could be right in a relegation fight and I wouldn't fancy our chances

AMc just isn't inspirational enough to drive on our players (or supporters) and bring out the best of them.

IMO, he's in danger of losing the players by weak selections and defeatist tactics. I can't see any player wanting to play for a draw in any game!