Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said last year, and I think you were the person I was replying to then as well, I tend not to bet against the club I support as to me it just wouldn't be right but there you go

I think if we do not get many points from the next four games then we will be in all sorts of shit moving through to April.

I think we have a team that is capable of going on a long run of games without winning, so we could certainly get sucked in. And the teams that get sucked in late in the season are often the ones that end up going down (as McLeish knows all too well) because they have the downward momentum.

10 points will likely see us safe and we should get that in 13 matches, but we're averaging little over 1 point per game so far, so it only takes a slight decline in form for us to be struggling to get 10 points..

Furthermore, I'm not convinced we have players who will have the right attitude to escape should we be drawn into the battle. Body language already looks pretty low - esp in home games - and should we have a couple of defeats to teams below us, it would be really damaging to morale.

The away game at Wigan is critical. The outcome of that game will see us pull away from, or be sucked into, a relegation dogfight.

If we lose this then I fear for our survival. If the term 6 pointer is used then it is probably right.

The away game at Wigan is critical. The outcome of that game will see us pull away from, or be sucked into, a relegation dogfight.

If we lose this then I fear for our survival. If the term 6 pointer is used then it is probably right.

Can you believe it has come to this????

relegation 6 pointers with Wigan ffs :(

Can you believe it has come to this????

relegation 6 pointers with Wigan ffs :(

Not too long ago 6 pointers used to mean the difference between automatic qualification for Europe or having to go through the qualifying rounds.

It is so sad to see us be dragged down so much that they now could mean the difference between staying up and being relegated.

Well the flip side is that our section of the league is very tight. We're only 2 wins away from being the best of the rest (well 7pts but almost 2 wins). Now given that we face 20th, 17th, 12th & 19th in our next 4 games, if we do manage to come out of that with a lot of points then we might be sitting very pretty. It could of course go either way, as we've discussed, but if we can do ourselves justice then we'll be fine. If we don't then we're in the smelly stuff.

I agree with the above. Wigan, Bolton are games we must not lose. Wins in those two games would more or less see us safe, especially if we can pick up points against Blackburn and Fulham. My confidence in us achieving the required set of results from those four games is very low, especially now it looks like Dunne is out for a while. After that, I don't see many more points coming our way for a little while. What a sad state of affairs! Relegation scrap is well and truely on the cards. I just hope we can get enough points that we are not going in to the last match needing a result.

What are the odds on us drawing the next 4 games

With a defence like a sieve it's highly probable

I think you would get very good odds on us drawing the next 4 games as it is highly likely that we will lose at least one of them and most probably more.