Relegation - Merged

Amo69

We are shit and you get what you deserve. Maybe relegation will give us the reality check I starting to think we need. Unfortunately it may bankrupt us also.

We don't deserve that - but the way Lerner and Faulkner has treated and run this club - they do.

If there was a way to see Lerner crash and burn that didn't involve Villa getting relegated, that would make me happy. I think there has been a degree of spite to his actions in the past couple of years and I'd like to see him pay for it.

In some ways getting relegated is probably the only way of getting through to him how poor an owner he really is. I would love to see him crash and burn as every decision he has made involving the club has turned to shit but I just don't think he sees it.

The really really scary thing is he probably thinks that McLeish is doing an OK job.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QPR 2 home wins and a win at CI£y

Fancy a friendly wager on that one?

I'm also offering generous odds on Chas n Dave lighting the olympic flame

yes, lay down your odds, proceeds can go to Acorns

Too easy, I'll give you 20-1 on QPR and 100-1 on Chas n Dave take your pick.

Done, £20 to acorns if QPR don't win 3 of their last 4

If they do, you owe me £400, which I will then personally take to the acorns CEO

Done.

But don't worry about taking it down personally I'll bank from here. All about trust.

Also odds were based on quote at top of this. "2 home wins & win at city"

We'd have to fail to win again in our last 5 (possible, nay probable)

and have 3 of the sides below us amass 2-3 wins in their last 4/5 games (highty unlikely)

Need some duffers to get promoted to save us next season though

I think we need one more point, and I think we will get it. The law of averages suggests that if you play to draw the next 5 matches, your bound to draw one.

We are royally **** next season though and I fully expect us to get relegated. We potentially have one of the worst managers to have ever managed in the premier league at the helm.

The most disinterested ive been in 20 years. Dont go anymore and Ive even stopped watching. The man has driven every ounce of enjoyment out of the sport for me.

I cant put into words how much I hope he gets run over or something.

I think we stay up, but if Lerner and his flunky decide to stick with McLeish, I'll have lost all hope. With him around, it's only a matter of "when" we get relegated...

I've been following Villa for 18 years, and this is the worst I've seen things. Bar far the worst. This season was the first time I didn't get the football package on my cable account, because I knew it'd be a waste of time and money.

I'm angry that they're pushing me away

As things stand we made not even need another point to stay up though...

Which could be handy as I'm not sure we will get another one.

Oh Christ this is depressing and still 270 mins of dross football to watch at VP, glad I'm doing the 25 mile walk for acorns last game of the season and not going to Norwich....it'll be less painful.

I think that we deserve to go down and think it may be a good thing in the long run. I am not seeing anything in that team that convinces me that they are fighting to stay up and this angers me even more! :evil:

We absolutely deserve to go down. I just don't think we will.

My overiding concern is, after what can only be described as a disgraceful season, what happens next? Will he go? Or will our illustrious and highly knowledgeable owner stick a huge finger up to the clubs wavering supporters and keep him in situ? And, if so, will we be the new Wigan.....the premierships perennial survival experts?

Whatever, this is not a good place to be.

Confidence rock bottom

Teams below us winning (bar wolves and Bburn who are both gone)

I can see us losing all of our games now and going down

We have no fight, no luck and woeful injuries and a relegation expert driving the bus

& frankly we deserve to go down, randy Lerner deserves relegation

We told him last July, he chose not to listen

Or will our illustrious and highly knowledgeable owner stick a huge finger up to the clubs wavering supporters and keep him in situ? And, if so, will we be the new Wigan.....the premierships perennial survival experts?

No because the manager will have no record or nous for doing so. If it isn't this season (which is unlikely) it will be next if he stays. Something like 12 points in 14 games or to that effect?

I've always tried to be very positive and argued McLeish's corner on occasions (which has been a thankless task) but... the total lack of fight on Sunday was the final straw. I don't mind us getting humped. I knew we would, but to just barely turn up and accept it was a disgrace.

McLeish has to go. As does the entire sqaud bar a very select few..... Albrighton, Carruthers, Guzan, Weimann, Gardner, Herd, Baker, Clark, Bannan might be rescuable.

I honestly believe that the thing this club needs is a relegation. An excuse to get rid of the dead wood and the non performing Big Time Charlies that we seem to have collected and start again. Clear all the big earners, get a decent young, hungry manager in and start again.

Having seen the Spurs/Chelsea Semi yesterday I'm pretty much done with PL football. Lets have a season where we might win something...... even its just a playoff final.

UTV