Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams below us are winning games that you wouldnt have expected though. By the time we finish the next two games, we could be dragged back into it. None of our next 4 games look like giving us any points back. Won't be as easy as many people are thinking.

The big issue as I see it, is that when the teams below us are putting in great performances and getting extra wins/draws when they shouldn't, we are just rolling over and letting teams walk it in. Even in the games we should win we have struggled.

I would also add though, giving the ball away to the opposition is a mistake by a player, not by McLeish.

This reminds me too much of Blues last year. Come final day, nobody could see how they'd

got there, they'd been 'safe' in March.

Unless we pick up a few points in the next 4, I think we'll be bang in trouble. The pressure will be on.

Had the Bolton game been played, it may have been different (had Fabrice not collapsed). We'd have gone in on a high, possibly won, pulled clear. Whereas now, by the time we do play them (one of our few winnable games), it may have turned into a 6 pointer!

I'm not 100% sure we'll be save, I wouldn't even say I was 50% sure...results are NOT going our way.

We are not at all safe the only game I fancy us to win in the run in is Bolton

This. And even that could be a struggle as the Muamba situation will only motivate them to succeed. I think we're in real trouble, McLeish has repeatedly shown that he doesn't know how to set a team up against one of the good sides, and our run in is pretty much all good sides!

8 points clear and still have to play...

Chelsea

Liverpool

Man Utd

Spurs

Sunderland - where MON will clearly rub salt into the wounds

other games are Stoke, West Brom, Norwich, Bolton....

all without our top scorer..

with teams at the bottom fighting for everything (like Wigan today) we could easily get sucked in

its gonna be a long couple of months watching this **** turgid shite

8 points gap plus technically 1 more for the goal difference I still think we'll be fine. 16th or 17th finish with a bit of a gap in tact. I don't care what people claim about the quality of the players, if that is how it pans out that is a **** abysmal underachievement.

Anyone who thinks it can't happen need to wake up.

and anyone who thinks it can happen doesnt seem to understand maths or football

if we lose every single game we have left 10-0, we'll stay up