Relegation - Merged

Amo69

You never know. I was just ploughing through the results at speed, and that was my "worst case scenario" outlook. Bear in mind that that's still with one game to go.

Yeah theres no way we'll get one win from Bolton, Sunderland or Stoke at home

I had us as narrowly losing to Stoke, drawing against Sunderland with the Bolton game still to play (which I would have put down as a win).

Amazing!!! We're doomed then. When was the last time we went 9 games and won 1 point? Even during MON's mad March debacles we did better than that.

I suggest if you're that bothered by it, instead of getting sarcy you could simply do your own **** one.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think United could well piss it in the end. They'll continue to win and the pressure will get to Citeh who have never been there before. A mate of mine reckoned United would win it by 7pts. I wouldn't rule it out. Citeh got away with it last night. They're already struggling to win games. They will drop plenty of points between now and the end of the season. United on the other hand will not.

You never know. I was just ploughing through the results at speed, and that was my "worst case scenario" outlook. Bear in mind that that's still with one game to go.

Yeah theres no way we'll get one win from Bolton, Sunderland or Stoke at home

I had us as narrowly losing to Stoke, drawing against Sunderland with the Bolton game still to play (which I would have put down as a win).

Amazing!!! We're doomed then. When was the last time we went 9 games and won 1 point? Even during MON's mad March debacles we did better than that.

I suggest if you're that bothered by it, instead of getting sarcy you could simply do your own **** one.

I have thanks and it's a lot more level headed than the one you did.

We'll scrape a few draws but I can't see us winning anymore now.

i have us getting another 3 points. i think bolton will do well since the muamba thing. blackburn and qpr will pick up points. wolves and wigan are just top cack and are going down. if we finish 17th and he is not sacked i will be distraught. how anybody that has this squad to work with can finish 17th is beyond me. should have kept G Mac in charge.i think we will be alot closer to the drop than some people think.

Why is this thread still open?!

In order for us to go down one of the bottom three would need to win four games (or win three and draw two). Plus we would have to lose our games. That would only just put them above us too and would be without us getting anything. I just can't see any of that bottom three suddenly winning just under 50% of their remaining fixtures when the most any of them have won all season is seven (Bolton). Suddenly they are going to almost equal that over the space of ten games?! It won't happen. Even if somehow it did happen, I'm sure it would be QPR getting dragged down and not us.

The fact is that we aren't going down. It's been a shit season and we shouldn't be anywhere near this end of the table, yet relegation is no longer a concern. We may end up 17th (although I can't see us being that low), yet we won't go down...

The thread should stay open until we're mathematically safe

Closing it ahead of this point may backfire

You big up McLeish all through this forum lately, but still dont think were safe from relegation. If he was really any good, you would be sure were safe.

i've got us finishing on 41 points in 14th. wolves bolton and wigan for the drop. we would have to lose pretty much ALL of our remaining fixtures to go down...

not only that, but we'd also need at least one of the current bottom 3 to pick up 10 points from 9 games (10 games for bolton) when they've just about managed twice that many from their preceding 29 games (28 for bolton) PLUS have qpr and blackburn pass us

it's not going to happen

if we lost all our remaining games we'd still stay up this season, such is the lack of quality at the bottom of the table