Favourite chocolate bar!

Chindie

Whats your favourite chocolate bar?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favourite chocolate bar?

• Snickers
    • Mars
    • Twix
    • Dairy Milk Fruit and nut
    • Aero
    • Toffee Crisp
    • Turkish Delight
    • Galaxy

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, Anthony said:

They factored in the publicity? That's the only **** reason they did it and all the 'sensible' news organisations **** fall for for it. Now THAT pisses me off.

Saw another one yesterday; an obvious typo on a massive billboard. It's a campaign for an internationally recognised snack food brand. Of course everyone producing noticed it. It was deliberate. Then come the online articles 'such and such brand' embarrassed as typo slips through etc. It's deliberate to make things go 'viral'.

And it pisses me off that the media will **** lap it up, not because it's news, or even newsworthy, but because it'll generate clicks.

You see this kind of stuff all the time on social media ads. Deliberate spelling or grammatical errors to get clicks or comments.

On the Bounty thing I bet that next year they make a big song and dance about how it’s back due to popular demand.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Mars Wrigley are removing the Bounty from boxes of Celebrations in a UK trial because 39% of people wanted them gone. Now I'm no mathematologist but doesn't that **** mean 61% wanted them in? I guess they factored in the publicity it would all get, and that that would cover their ad cost for Christmas and put Celebrations front and centre. The decision being based on a minority still pisses me off though.

Don't worry it's very scientific.

https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2022/1103/1332910-bounty-celebrations/

Mars Wrigley said its own research of 2,000 British people aged between 18 and 65 suggested that 18% would feel irritated to find only Bounty bars were left in the tub, while 58% believed it would lead to a family argument.

While 39% wanted the bars gone for good, 22% liked Bounty the least of all the tub's options.

Some 28% were of the opinion that coconut had no place in a chocolate bar at all.

However, Mars Wrigley said it was not prepared to make a final decision yet after 18% named the Bounty as their favourite.

Polling suggested it was popular with a more mature palette, with 38% of over-55s choosing it as their preferred bar.

I wonder was it a multiple choice survey.

29 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Saw another one yesterday; an obvious typo on a massive billboard. It's a campaign for an internationally recognised snack food brand. Of course everyone producing noticed it. It was deliberate. Then come the online articles 'such and such brand' embarrassed as typo slips through etc. It's deliberate to make things go 'viral'.

Having a daughter that works in advertising, I guarantee you most of the time this is not true. At her previous employer, before she started to work for the ASA, she was forever sending back clients copy for all manner of typos, others in the company weren'y so dilligent and they very often go out unnoticed. What then happens is if someone spots it, the product company's PR Agency take advantage of the gaff. It's generally the staff in the products company's fault but they then blame the advertising agency. At no point does anyone claim the win apart from higher up the food chain in the client company, much later when it's all forgotten.

Not saying that is the case with yours but an awful lot of the time, they are just a product of high pressure, low skilled staff and multiple outside agencies working on campaigns.

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I love coconut in chocolate but for some reason i absolutely hate bountys. They taste like crap.

I remember when kitkat did a limited addition coconut and it was glorious!

Dairy milk also did one and ut was nice too

the blue ones are shit, the red ones are top tier IMO

one of the very few examples where the american equivalent is better

See the source image

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Having a daughter that works in advertising, I guarantee you most of the time this is not true. At her previous employer, before she started to work for the ASA, she was forever sending back clients copy for all manner of typos, others in the company weren'y so dilligent and they very often go out unnoticed. What then happens is if someone spots it, the product company's PR Agency take advantage of the gaff. It's generally the staff in the products company's fault but they then blame the advertising agency. At no point does anyone claim the win apart from higher up the food chain in the client company, much later when it's all forgotten.

Not saying that is the case with yours but an awful lot of the time, they are just a product of high pressure, low skilled staff and multiple outside agencies working on campaigns.

SKMqxxz.jpg

Maybe. What do you reckon? Also consider the target market and how they consume media.

15 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Maybe. What do you reckon? Also consider the target market and how they consume media.

Just looks like a classic f*** up to me, the letter I is very often missed by humans spell checking because your brain reads the word as its meant to be and doesn't trigger, especially as its there in the image correctly on the can artwork

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its basically like a bounty with an almond on top, coconut and almond

I see! Was gonna say any chocolate with almond in it will most likely be shit. 

Not a big fan of American chocolate. Only one i like is reeces. Hershy chocolate has to be one of the worst chocolates ive had

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I see! Was gonna say any chocolate with almond in it will most likely be shit. 

Not a big fan of American chocolate. Only one i like is reeces. Hershy chocolate has to be one of the worst chocolates ive had

same on not being a big fan, i wont eat reeces and i dont get their obsession with peanut butter chocolate bars, i like the 2 bountyesque ones and then the midnight dark edition of a milky way which is more like a mars bar

See the source image

For me it’s:

• Galaxy Caramel
  • Galaxy
  • Snickers
  • Malteser
  • Twix
  • Bounty
  • Milky Way

I don’t even touch the Mars. 

I prefer Cadbury’s Roses though, I think I’m the only person I know that buys them, although I can do without the strawberry and orange cremes 🤢

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

For me it’s:

• Galaxy Caramel
  • Galaxy
  • Snickers
  • Malteser
  • Twix
  • Bounty
  • Milky Way

I don’t even touch the Mars. 

I prefer Cadbury’s Roses though, I think I’m the only person I know that buys them, although I can do without the strawberry and orange cremes 🤢

Noooooooooo! I love the strawberry and orange creams. 

Who would prefer fudges to bounties or cream centres. Just mental.

Maybe this is going slightly OT but I wonder if any Eastern European posters can help me. 

Quite a few years ago I very briefly dated a girl from Estonia. She used to buy these bars from a Russian shop in Birmingham, they were about the size of milky bar, stored in the fridge and it was a chocolate coating around what she called Curd. 

They were absolutely beautiful. I have on occasions tried to Google these things but for the life of me I can’t find them. I’d love to know what they are so I can buy some. 

Â