Scottish Independence

maqroll

I love the way most of the argument is based on the fact that the Scotch hate being ruled by someone "far away".

It's about 400 miles, a stones throw compared to most countries, **** imbeciles :lol:

How do they think the U.S/Canada/Russia/Brazil feel?

Get over your little gripes and get on with it, who gives a shit?

I think the 'far-away' is meant socially, politically, economically, ideologically, as much as geographically.

As such, they are indeed a million miles away from Westminster/London.

Interesting that Murdoch's rags didn't eventually come out and support any particular side in the end

After all his bluster last week about moving the business to Scotland and going down on Alex Salmond metaphorically, his papers headlines on the day appear somewhat on the fence. Did someone whisper in his ear that he was being a dickhead or have the latest polls shown him what will happen as he really doesn't like to back a loser?

Zackly - when it looked briefly like SNP were going to come out on top, he's there all of a sudden making friends with them, then when it looks too close to call, he's all, like, "who?". He's only interested in his own empire, and those he can use.

I love the way most of the argument is based on the fact that the Scotch hate being ruled by someone "far away".

It's about 400 miles, a stones throw compared to most countries, **** imbeciles :lol:

I think the 'far-away' is meant socially, politically, economically, ideologically, as much as geographically.

See I don't get that.

In that sense even Londoners are a million miles away from Westminster. Westminster is full of politicians. Those are the tossers that are a million miles away

I don't see the Westminster Elite from being divorced from the Banking or Financial Elite. Both are in that London, and both are a million miles away from the lives of your average scotchman.

I don't see the Westminster Elite from being divorced from the Banking or Financial Elite. Both are in that London, and both are a million miles away from the lives of your average scotchman.

A record number of Scots billionaires appears in this year’s Sunday Times UK rich list, which includes a total of 78 people from Scotland in its top 1,000, the most to feature in a decade.

Scotland’s economy outperformed the rest of the UK in the final three months of 2012, growing by 0.5 per cent compared with a contraction of 0.3 per cent for Britain as a whole.

But over the past year, the most affluent Scots saw their personal wealth soar by up to 58 per cent, with water, oil and whisky helping to fund their fortunes.

clicky

A record number of Scots billionaires appears in this year’s Sunday Times UK rich list, which includes a total of 78 people from Scotland in its top 1,000, the most to feature in a decade.

Scotland’s economy outperformed the rest of the UK in the final three months of 2012, growing by 0.5 per cent compared with a contraction of 0.3 per cent for Britain as a whole.

But over the past year, the most affluent Scots saw their personal wealth soar by up to 58 per cent, with water, oil and whisky helping to fund their fortunes.

clicky

I'm not sure of the point? The Scots have a few rich people.

I'm shocked.

I'm sure most of those few will be quick to bugger off down south in the event of a Yes vote.

• Like 1

I'm not sure of the point? The Scots have a few rich people.

I'm shocked.

I'm sure most of those few will be quick to bugger off down south in the event of a Yes vote.

the point seemed to be that you were comparing banking or financial elite to average Scots  ... i just assumed these were the average Scots you were referring to  ... Edited by blandy
too many nested quotes. stop it please

I don't know many yes voters but the few that I have met all seem rather weird and couldn't give me any valid reasons for voting yes other than "**** it, why not"

My biggest fear, even on the day, is that the the people who would vote no just won't bother turning up.

Gotta say as an impartial outsider the No voters have come across on TV at least as far more "weird", a lot look like  the knuckledraggers.

I'm out and about in the country talking to people not watching on TV.

If that was London in the 1970's and you took the risk, you'd be a millionaire now.

If that was 'generic northern town new build development' in 2007 and you took the risk, you'd be using foodbanks and grubbing around for fag ends now.

be lucky!

If that was London in the 1970's and you took the risk, you'd be a millionaire now.

If that was 'generic northern town new build development' in 2007 and you took the risk, you'd be using foodbanks and grubbing around for fag ends now.

be lucky!

So what your loosely saying is the Labour Party killed the North :)

be lucky!

dooooon't you get me going on the Labour party

one came to my house the other evening, just to introduce himself 8 months ahead of the next election and asked if there was anything he could do in the meantime

so I invited him to a workshop we're running on a community garden - couldn't do that, already got a boring council meeting that evening 'apologetic shrug'

ok, well we're having a Saturday event down the waterfront to try and donate a small patch of land to any good cause that wants it - hmm Saturday, got an internal Labour branch meeting Saturday or I'd be there

ok, early October we've got a group together to try and get the footy clubhouse back up and running - ohhh, I'm on holiday early October

I don't think he'd anticipated somebody actually talking to him. 

be lucky!

dooooon't you get me going on the Labour party

one came to my house the other evening, just to introduce himself 8 months ahead of the next election and asked if there was anything he could do in the meantime

so I invited him to a workshop we're running on a community garden - couldn't do that, already got a boring council meeting that evening 'apologetic shrug'

ok, well we're having a Saturday event down the waterfront to try and donate a small patch of land to any good cause that wants it - hmm Saturday, got an internal Labour branch meeting Saturday or I'd be there

ok, early October we've got a group together to try and get the footy clubhouse back up and running - ohhh, I'm on holiday early October

I don't think he'd anticipated somebody actually talking to him. 

i get the same when i ask women out on a date ... just saying like

• Like 1

In which case, everybody, except (GINKO!) for a few people in the UK are in exactly the same boat.

They're talking shite.

Â