Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

am I seeing a watermarked lion in the body of the shirt on that latest advert?

I don't look good in nylon, but that would be nice.

thinks its on the back, its going to look a lot better than the checks this year

There is a story that in the summer of 1899 Bill Dove, a sprinter of national repute who was involved in coaching the Ironworks team, was challenged to a race with four Aston Villa players at a fair in Birmingham. Dove won but the Villa men could not pay the wager so one of them pinched a set of claret and blue shirts from his club (he was responsible for doing the laundry) to settle the bet. There is, however, no evidence that the team ever wore their new shirts.

In June 1900, the club was formally wound up. The Ironworks had become a company owned by shareholders who were not prepared to fund the team. For every share sold in the new company to the public, Arnold Hill bought one too. The club was allowed to continue playing at the Ironworks sports ground for a generous rent and Arnold Hills became the president of the new West Ham United, who signed professional players. A claret stripe was added to the shorts, claret being the commercial colour of the Ironworks, and the old vermilion socks were replaced by black ones. The next season a claret hoop was added to the shirt, which became known as the "Union Jack" strip and in 1903 the now familiar claret shirts with light blue sleeves were adopted. The team continued to be known as the "red, white and blues" for some time.

link

I think it's pretty obvious that they adopted Villa's colours, you can see how their strip tends to mirror ours in the early years. It's interesting to hear another theory put forward as to why they wear claret - that's three separate stories I've heard of now! They should simply embrace history - like Crystal Palace, too - and celebrate being inspired by Villa. That's the way football was in those early days, the early giants inspiring the fledgling clubs. (I believe Spurs wear their particular colours in homage to Preston North End, for example.)

When you order shirts online from the Villa store with printing do they do it the same way as they do it in Villa Village? I'm asking this because I've often seen people with shirts with names and numbers on the back that are absolutely tiny.

Looking at it again, the number of letters you can have depends on shirt the size.

Medium - 7 letters

Large - 9 letters,

X Large - 8 letters

XX Large and bigger - 12 letters

Does that mean you can't have any letters at all on a small?

:(

Looking at it again, the number of letters you can have depends on shirt the size.

Medium - 7 letters

Large - 9 letters,

X Large - 8 letters

XX Large and bigger - 12 letters

Does that mean you can't have any letters at all on a small?

:(

Or hope we sign Demba Ba.

When you order shirts online from the Villa store with printing do they do it the same way as they do it in Villa Village? I'm asking this because I've often seen people with shirts with names and numbers on the back that are absolutely tiny.

Afraid not, online villa use kitbag.com or at least they did 2 years ago.

Kitbag.com use sencilla printing which is the cheap plasticy vinyl material and is smaller than the regulation printing the players have.

The Villa village store uses lextra printing which is what the players have. It's a felt material and obviously the regulation size.

I always get my printing done there as opposed to online as it looks a lot better, and the cheap plastic sencilla printing often creases easily and gets dents in it if not stored properly, or even sent to you properly as what happened to me a few years back.

Very few places do the lextra printing so it's well worth getting it done at the villa store, if you care enough of course. I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to Villa shirts so well worth it for me!

Â