Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

If true, im actually excited to see what the kits gonna be like.

Maybe it's better to be the biggest in a small pile, instead of the smallest in a big pile of Nike shit.

This sums up my feelings on it! :)

The reason we are leaving Nike is down to quality

Believe me when I say it really isn't it is nothing to do with it.

The contract is coming to an end and there is no desire from Nike to renew it, the problems we had with the material are nothing but a handy excuse.

The contract is coming to an end and there is no desire from Nike to renew it, the problems we had with the material are nothing but a handy excuse.

There has still been problems though.

Barcelona had problems with there kit this year aswell.

Yes I know there have been problems, I said as much in my post that you quote.

I'm not saying there wasn't a problem with the material I'm saying that is not the reason we are not going to be staying with Nike.

People have jumped to an incorrect conclusion based upon the words of the General and a recent article in the Evening Mail but those within the industry tell a very different story.

I know who I believe and its not the line about the material problems.

its not the line about the material problems.

I'd say it more to do with the fact that we are rubbish. Nike only pay to make the jersey's of the biggest and best clubs in thwe world. Its part of building the brand so that you associate Nike with the best. I can't say I'm surprised they don't want to pay us to make our jerseys anymore.

Last season, our kit was a design that was used a few season ago for Lens in France

The RC Lens away one from 08/09? Our kit was a near identical design, but it wasn't a mass-produced "teamwear" (or whatever the **** Nike call it) template.

LensVilla.png

The Lens kit had fewer rows of larger cheques under each arm, the coloured trim around the bottom of the shirt is thicker, the trim at the end of each arm is different and both the collar and cut of the shirt (particulary around the shoulders) are different.

Yes I know there have been problems, I said as much in my post that you quote.

I'm not saying there wasn't a problem with the material I'm saying that is not the reason we are not going to be staying with Nike.

People have jumped to an incorrect conclusion based upon the words of the General and a recent article in the Evening Mail but those within the industry tell a very different story.

I know who I believe and its not the line about the material problems.

Maybe if Nike had put Villa gear on their website and promoted us in the same way as other clubs we would have shifted a few more "units"? I've seen clubs ranging from Kaiser Chiefs to A.N. Other F.C. get far more exposure on their official website than Villa. They failed to put our tops in their big stores around the world, they failed to work with us in helping to organize brand building tours around the world (ironically the first time this happened was in Hong Kong last summer). It seems to me Nike and Villa are equally to blame for allowing this partnership to flounder and not reach its full potential.

Â