Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Nike kits may be nice but they've f**ked the club around since taking the contract - we've never had the kits available in preseason and the whole fiasco with the kit quality kind of sullied the relationship between Villa and Nike.

It's time to give another company a go, maybe they'll treat us with more respect and work for us, rather than the other way around.

If it's Macron, so what?

If I like the shirts, I'll buy one - if I don't, I won't!!!

(I've seen some gopping shirts made by the likes of Nike, Puma, Adidas et al for other teams and wouldn't have bought them if I were their supporter!)

If we're talking Napoli away, it's going to look ace in white and claret. Home should be on the same template just with blue sleeves.

I tell you now though, if that **** leisure centre symbol is on the sleeves or anywhere othere than next to the word Macron (and very small) I will not buy it. Every Macron kit I've seen with it on looks amateur.

A little disappointed however, like with Nike, the club say 'no deal is signed/kit designed decided' then another company (JD Sports) goes and puublishes the information. No doubt the club will still claim nothing is certain...

I'm also disappointed that we have gone for a 'lesser' name, but this is probably just because everything seems a bit negative right now.

I really don't understand why people get upset about who is making our kit. Is it just some kind of 'designer label' snobbery? I've been buying Villa shirts for 20 years and they are always fine. I don't think Nike have been better than Reebok or Umbro or Diadora or Hummel or whoever. It really doesn't matter. I think it's cool to have someone a little different who will see us as a big deal rather than Nike who really couldn't give a ****. I think we as fans have been treated poorly by Nike with all the delays the past couple of years. Sod them.

if it were purely bout a kit and how it looks you are right

it isnt though is it

nowdays it is about branding, marketing aston villa as a business to generate as much income as possible, especially as it seems money wont be flowing quite as it would

so maximising revenue should be a priority

so with that in mind as it is the biggest reason for changing kits for the majority of all professional teams

will macron pay us more than nike ?

what about brand awareness?

distribution?

outlets?

marketting?

advertising?

and all of the above is not just for o=in the birmingham area but world wide, the premier league is the most watched league in the world.

so global branding

where is macro the biggest manufacturer of top league football?

so nike wins on every single level

but what about public perception?

well who has heard of nike and who had heard of macron before this kit thing?

what none replica shirt items have you bought which are aston villa branding made by nike?

is it more than you bought under hummel?

for me my family have bought lots of aston villa nike products, we bought a few reebok ones, wont be buying a macron anything im afraid.

so, lets say macro pay us £15 million per season ( more likely £2 million per season

how much extra do you think it wold generate through aston villa as a world wide brand?

hmmm

i bet nike would still at least come out even stevens if macro paid us £15 million more over the contract.

so how then does it make any financial sense? because as a business this is what we should be most concerned with

then we come to the shirts and the quality of them, again having seen 1 west ha,m shirt in the person i can honestly say the shiny thin clingy material feels poor, feels weak and doesnt even hang well on my mate who is in decent physical shape

god knows what it would look like on a chubster, which to be fare, alot of fans are 'big boned'

the decision seems to make no commercial sense, make no sense when it come to quality of product and only makes aston villa the brand look cheaper.

something i thought randy had spent the last 5 years trying to build up?

no sense what so ever.

Personally, I don't really give a monkeys what the team wears and if you're on £30-50k+ a week I should imagine it does'nt rank that high on your list of priorities either. The pie-eaters among them might have to shape up though.

The proof of the pudding will be how many shirts are actually sold (and possibly how many end up on the bargain rack in a particular sports outlet I can think of).

Personally, I really liked the fit of the shirts under Nike. If I don't like the macron ones then I won't buy, but not because I'm some sort of sportswear fashionista. I just know what I like.

If some people here aren't fashion conscious and don't care about what the kit looks like well then fair enough each to their own. I don't think it's right for you to talk down to the people who do care however. Personally, I do care about the clothes I wear. I would never claim to be a fashionista, but I like what I like and I think most people are like that. Everyone has different tastes.

With regards to a football shirt, yes I would only buy a shirt that I thought looked nice, and the Macron shirts at the moment aren't particularly convincing me, but I'm warming to the idea more now that it seems nailed on that they will be our kit supplier.

The fact is though, that despite what you say about people who do care what they wear, a lot of people are like this and this will have a direct impact on how many shirts we sell which will affect the club. Also, like it has been said a few times on the thread, it affects our global brand.

It seems like it definitely is Macron though, so the only thing we can do now is see what they come up with and then judge. I really hope they don't have that "Macron Man" logo anywhere on the kit though.

If some people here aren't fashion conscious and don't care about what the kit looks like well then fair enough each to their own. I don't think it's right for you to talk down to the people who do care however. Personally, I do care about the clothes I wear

Football shirts, fashion conscious?

I really don't understand why people get upset about who is making our kit. Is it just some kind of 'designer label' snobbery? I've been buying Villa shirts for 20 years and they are always fine. I don't think Nike have been better than Reebok or Umbro or Diadora or Hummel or whoever. It really doesn't matter. I think it's cool to have someone a little different who will see us as a big deal rather than Nike who really couldn't give a ****. I think we as fans have been treated poorly by Nike with all the delays the past couple of years. Sod them.

it isnt though is it

nowdays it is about branding, marketing aston villa as a business to generate as much income as possible, especially as it seems money wont be flowing quite as it would

so with that in mind as it is the biggest reason for changing kits for the majority of all professional teams

distribution?

outlets?

marketting?

advertising?

and all of the above is not just for o=in the birmingham area but world wide, the premier league is the most watched league in the world.

so global branding

what none replica shirt items have you bought which are aston villa branding made by nike?

for me my family have bought lots of aston villa nike products, we bought a few reebok ones, wont be buying a macron anything im afraid.

so, lets say macro pay us £15 million per season ( more likely £2 million per season

how much extra do you think it wold generate through aston villa as a world wide brand?

hmmm

i bet nike would still at least come out even stevens if macro paid us £15 million more over the contract.

so how then does it make any financial sense? because as a business this is what we should be most concerned with

then we come to the shirts and the quality of them, again having seen 1 west ha,m shirt in the person i can honestly say the shiny thin clingy material feels poor, feels weak and doesnt even hang well on my mate who is in decent physical shape

god knows what it would look like on a chubster, which to be fare, alot of fans are 'big boned'

the decision seems to make no commercial sense, make no sense when it come to quality of product and only makes aston villa the brand look cheaper.

no sense what so ever.

Where did you get your info from regarding the link between brand and merchandise turnover?

it isnt though is it

distribution?

outlets?

marketting?

advertising?

so global branding

hmmm

no sense what so ever.

Where did you get your info from regarding the link between brand and merchandise turnover?

His 8 year old son who has most intelliegence.

it isnt though is it

distribution?

outlets?

marketting?

advertising?

so global branding

hmmm

no sense what so ever.

His 8 year old son who has most intelliegence.

brilliant, keep licking the bus window :clap:

well lets look at distribution, who has the biggest distribution network?

who is the largest sports merchendise company in the world?

which sports merchendise company has the best sales in the world?

are any of the answers nike?

are any of those answers macron?

if you have any facts and figures which disagree with my thoughts that going with a company which is most likely outsold by style by jeremy kyle..lonsdale, will generate more income, or will out sell nike, or the extra clothing range will outsell nikes?

please let me know.

i am going on common sense, the worlds biggest sports brand who can launch a product in all the major cities across the world and have aston villa shirts on the wall in new york, tokyo, sydney and other rather big places, is clearly going shift more merchendise than a company whose biggest orders in this country are from none league clubs and only other large club is one in the same country they are from.

so nike messed around with the shirts 2 years running or delayed them ( rumours about randy wanting to add bits at the last minute have been posted although i myself doubt it), late deal for sponsorship is the most likely reason why shirts were delayed.

i would rather have a delay in the shirt by 2 months and keep the aston villa brand strong and in the shops rather than go with macron where i will hazard a guess that 70% of shirt sales will have to be done with aston villa online or in the club shops.

so limited at best high street presence.

i could be wrong, and macron suddenly outsell nike, all the world champions ascociated with nike and paid loads of money from nike all having a mass exedus and moving for free to super brand macron as they all believe it is where its at.

or realistically, it looks like going back to the worst parts of the ellis era, where most of the companies who sponsor us go bust, not paying us the full amount for being on our shirts because we cant attract decent sponsors as their brand name will have to sit next to the name macron?

someone earlier in this thread did mention the West Ham's macron shirt wasn't available in most sports shops in London.

im just guessing, i remember my wolves supporting mate telling me years ago it is what wolves did, they manufactured or sold the shirts only through wolves.

while that may work for a team who have limited appeal outside of wolverhampton, a global brand such as aston villa i would bet would not work.

to me it does not make any financial sense, forget football and just think finances, what possible benefits could come from doing this?

im obviously missing something but my uninformed opinion is it will cost this club several million pounds each and every year.

it is easy taking a step or 5 downwards, attracting the worlds biggest companies takes alot more work.

i doubt we will be able to attract such a manufacturer again they way things are looking.

almost like randy has given up completely on the club and doesnt care what the image of the club is.

as i said, i could be completey wrong and they could be paying us £15 million per season, i very very much doubt it is more than £2 million though.

Â