Martin O'Neill

maqroll

Is it possible to stop the MON hate and obsession now? I understand that some of you dont like even though he lead the team 3 top 6 finishes for the first time since the 1920s. But it is getting a bit repetitive. Sunderland were below villa when he took over, now they are a big margin infornt.

Is it possible to stop the MON hate and obsession now? I understand that some of you dont like even though he lead the team 3 top 6 finishes for the first time since the 1920s. But it is getting a bit repetitive. Sunderland were below villa when he took over, now they are a big margin infornt.

will be closure for a lot of people next week when he comes to VP,

I was never a fan of his management before he joined but i backed him when he was here and then **** us over, have absolute no time for him now

Sunderland are above us more down to McLeish's inept management than anything.

will be closure for a lot of people next week when he comes to VP,

I was never a fan of his management before he joined but i backed him when he was here and then **** us over, have absolute no time for him now

I also backed him when he was manager but as the financial irregularities he caused became evident I decided I would be neutral with regards to my opinion of him. But as you say after next weeks game i think we might see an end to all this. I actually think the attendance may rise slightly because he is coming back. Maybe to a 33, 000.

Sunderland are above us more down to McLeish's inept management than anything.

I think it is both. If Bruce was still in charge at Sunderland, they would probabaly be around the mid 30s in terms of points.

then **** us over, have absolute no time for him now
he really really really didn't "**** us over". That would be Randy Lerner who spent beyond his means, sold off all the players MON bought that helped us challenge for the top 4, didn't replace them, and appointed two clueless managers to help drive us down to 15th in the league.

he really really really didn't "**** us over". That would be Randy Lerner who spent beyond his means, sold off all the players MON bought that helped us challenge for the top 4, didn't replace them, and appointed two clueless managers to help drive us down to 15th in the league.

Not true. Lerner's biggest mistake was putting too much faith in O'Neill. It's a managers job to make smart decisions regarding the team and squad, a big part of this is making sure that money is spent wisely on players and transfers, MON failed to do this. He was handed millions in good faith and wasted it on dross like Harewood, Heskey, Shorey, Davies etc. etc.

All of the measures taken since have been to try and claw back some money for the club as the majority of MON's signings had little to no resale value.

Imagine handing someone £200,000 and telling them to go out and buy you an incredible car, and instead of returning with an Aston Martin, Porsche or Lambo they return with a Rover 75, that is the scale of MON's supreme financial cock up.

...and insist that O'Neill leave just before the start of the new season.

Not true. Lerner's biggest mistake was putting too much faith in O'Neill. It's a managers job to make smart decisions regarding the team and squad, a big part of this is making sure that money is spent wisely on players and transfers, MON failed to do this. He was handed millions in good faith and wasted it on dross like Harewood, Heskey, Shorey, Davies etc. etc.

Why do people who continue to slag off MON continue to ignore the fact that the issue was wages to income?

Very strange.

One man should have full knowledge of the way the club makes money and how the club will make money in the future. One man should use that knowledge to set budgets so that the club is run at a competitive level that can be maintained.

Oh and by the way that man should be the owner.

The owner who has made shocking decisions since MON left which sees us having our worst season in premiership history. Oh and funnily enough the other sports team he owns are a joke. Is MoN to blame for the browns failure as well?

Don't worry though i'm sure Sunderland will be shit next season and Mcleish will take us past them.

:lol:

All of the measures taken since have been to try and claw back some money for the club as the majority of MON's signings had little to no resale value.

Imagine handing someone £200,000 and telling them to go out and buy you an incredible car, and instead of returning with an Aston Martin, Porsche or Lambo they return with a Rover 75, that is the scale of MON's supreme financial cock up.

Is that the best argument in defence of Lerner?

It just adds being a fool to the other flaws mentioned above.

I find it bizarre when people only blame one of O'Neill and Lerner. They're both to blame in different ways. Lerner was foolish with his spending but that doesn't excuse MON for the money he wasted.

Yeah but IMO if mon tells randy he wants a rb who will be 2.5m and 60k per week who is randy to say no?

It's not randys fault he played all of 3 times in 2 years

the whole things screams director of football, everything that's happened since does too

Â