Martin O'Neill

maqroll

I just find it hard to believe that the club would agree an out of court settlement with MON if he'd thrown his toys out the pram and walked out like the two face talentless back stabber he so clearly is.

I find it hard to believe MON would agree an out of court settlement if he was in the right

One dimensional manager with a very low glass ceiling. Spent a hell of a lot of money on shit players then threw his toys out the pram when told he couldn't sign another average winger for phenomenal money.

He will be back to his best by Feb next year, no substitutions will mean a knackered squad achieving McLeish results...

Sunderland fans saying how shit Craig Gardner is.

Gardner and Cattermole in the midfield isn't exactly inspiring.

I do feel sorry for the Sunderland fans.

They were having such a great season until MON came along to ruin it for them.

I was more alluding to the fact that they didn't have the best of squads rather than any dig at O'Neill.

Awful lot of bitterness towards a man who gave us our best seasons in years before being seemingly forced into resigning by our clueless chairman.
With Lerner it was incompetence, with O'Neill it was malice.

I just find it hard to believe that the club would agree an out of court settlement with MON if he'd thrown his toys out the pram and walked out like the two face talentless back stabber he so clearly is.

I find it hard to believe MON would agree an out of court settlement if he was in the right

Why not? The money went in this direction: Randy Lerner to Martin O'Neill. That was what he wanted, so he won.

One dimensional manager with a very low glass ceiling. Spent a hell of a lot of money on shit players then threw his toys out the pram when told he couldn't sign another average winger for phenomenal money.

He will be back to his best by Feb next year, no substitutions will mean a knackered squad achieving McLeish results...

Oh dear.

Awful lot of bitterness towards a man who gave us our best seasons in years before being seemingly forced into resigning by our clueless chairman.

So you know it was malice... how?

So you know it was malice... how?

Just my opinion and one which is shared by a lot of Villa fans. I'm not denying O'Neill's ability I just can't stand the bloke these days. He dropped us in the shit to protect his inflated ego. How about being a professional and honouring the job you were paid £3m/year to do. Look at Moyes at Everton, there's a manager I respect.

Who was the average winger?

Just read the letter from the browns fan in the Randy Lenrer topic. He seems to imply that MON deliberately timed his exit from the club to be 5 days before the start of a new season to cause maximum destruction. Does anyone else think this?

No I dont think he timed it that way, I think it was all to do with being told he would not get the Milner money to spend.

However I do think he probably thought that it being so close to the season starting it would increase the power he held

There were many Villa fans that criticised MON for his lack of squad rotation, so saying we is perfectly applicable.

I was one, and it's probably his biggest downfall. Martin O'Neill cannot and has never managed a big squad.

Villa = same 11 players used & knackered by March.

Celtic = only 4 real league games per season. No big squad needed.

Leicester = see Villa.

Oh dear.

Would you care to elaborate, or are you taking a Liverpool-esque stance?

And as Zatman said, the player was Aiden McGeady. The rumour was £12m for the transfer and £60k/week for 4/5 years. The proposed deal was apparently worth a total of £24-27m.

And Aiden McGeady is shite.

he is worse than that, apparently he has an ego problem playing for Spartakl and now has been dropped and criticized by Russian legends including his own manager about his attitude

He seems to imply that MON deliberately timed his exit from the club to be 5 days before the start of a new season to cause maximum destruction. Does anyone else think this?

i believe so. was many months before he could have quit or even after 6-10 games into 10/11 seasonfor example

voinjama - yes im convinced he knew exactly what he was doing when he left, he timed it to perfection knowing that whoever took his place couldnt achieve what he had done under those circumstances

and seeing as IMO he left because he knew that he couldnt achieve it either and wanted to keep up the general opinion that he is a great manager rather than have to grind out 9th and potentially damage his reputation, its safe to say i think he took the **** piss and he is a **** clearing in the woods

and i though mcgeady was 1 of 2 players that caused it but i cant remember the other

Â