Martin O'Neill

maqroll

Ok, this is abit of triviality but an interview with Paul Lambert made me question something.

Has there been any sort of public show of support for Stan? like i say, it's trivial really but i couldn't think of anything.

Ash Young dedicated a goal to him, said in interview with talksport that he'd been in touch and sent personal msges.

Neil Lennon, spoke publicly and joined Beefy Botham on one of his leukaemia walks (along with Jackie McNamara).

Paul Lambert spoke about visiting him just last week.

I'm sure there's more people who have offered public support as well as personal msges but i just can't think of anything from O'Neill and thought it was odd.

Haha, Bendtner came 20 minutes too late for the team bus against United. He was axed for the match.

Click here

But the Denmark forward wasn't on board when the team bus was ready to leave for the Stadium of Light and a furious O'Neill wasn't prepared to wait for him.

Bendtner, who earns £52,000 a week, had to take a taxi but didn't have any money on him and had to organise payment on arrival with the Sunderland reception staff.

To cap his day, he was stopped by police on the way home following his side's 1-0 defeat after a report about his 'erratic driving', although he wasn't cautioned.

When asked about Bendtner being left out, O'Neill said: 'I chose not to pick him.'

• 3 months later...

so who has mon actually signed for sunderland?

cuellar and saha only? god that is so typical martin o'neill. his transfers are so poor its unbelievable even with us.

still laughing at saha, would love to know what sunderland fans think of mons huge rebuilding job

so who has mon actually signed for sunderland?

cuellar and saha only? god that is so typical martin o'neill. his transfers are so poor its unbelievable even with us.

wayne bridge and kyrgiakos as well. classic

I must admit to never liking MON, that is until he was fortunate to manage Aston Villa. I always thought him to be smug and displaying a sense of over-bearing self worth.

That is all.

Yeah I tend to agree. The thing MON cares more about than anything else is the image of MON. Really dislike the bloke.

Behave. When he first came he was fantastic!

It took till the second season to notice the cracks.

I remember the first year we didn't lose for ages, and that draw away at Chelsea had me thinking he was a genius.

If he would agree to have someone else assemble him a squad, he's good at what he does. (Very poor at everything else though.)

I must admit to never liking MON, that is until he was fortunate to manage Aston Villa. I always thought him to be smug and displaying a sense of over-bearing self worth.

That is all.

Yeah I tend to agree. The thing MON cares more about than anything else is the image of MON. Really dislike the bloke.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike him as well, but is there anything wrong with wanting to become a footballing legend?

i would not take mon back simply because its taken 3 years to sort ourselves out since he left. a good amanger does well and doesnt leav us a poor squad with a large amount of players with no resale value

in addition cant deal with his crap signings like he is demonstrating now at sunderland. why has it taken him a week before the season starts to sign free agent saha? that is typical martin o'neill

you got to love it :D

Â