Martin O'Neill

maqroll

I don't think this forum is an accurate representation of the opinion inside VP and I think he will get a better reception there than he would were he to be in a room with every person on this forum.

Would find it very strange if MON doesnt get booed when Barry still does
I expect he'll get cheered and have chants sung for him all game by some, where as others (like myself) will boo and hurl abuse at him all day. I just hope if things go bad and we're losing (as if often the case under McNegative) that fans in desperation don't start chanting for O'Neill. If we're going to chant for a former manager it has to be Big Ron. :)

Not that i'm in favour of this, but Mantis do you think chanting O'Neill's name might send a strong message to the board, that we're not happy with McLeish (like they don't know already). You never know some positives might come from doing it.

Just wodering.

I think they know that the majority of fans don't want McLeish. I expect they know the reasons as well. However, they have chosen to ignore us, performances and results. I doubt chanting for O'Neill would do anything.

For once we agree on something 'TrentVilla.'

Absolutely hate what O'Neill did to our club.

What exactly did he do apart from leave because of a fallout with the owner?

Gave us our most successful period of recent times... the big tosser. Hanging's too good for him.

For once we agree on something 'TrentVilla.'

Absolutely hate what O'Neill did to our club.

What exactly did he do apart from leave because of a fallout with the owner?

Gave us our most successful period of recent times... the big tosser. Hanging's too good for him.

I should have said "what exactly did he do wrong".

But yep, i agree with you.

I still don't get the hatred.

There's not much evidence to suggest he screwed over the club and in spite left 5 days before the season starts.

There is a lot of evidence to suggest Lerner is a man who makes plenty of bad decisions for both teams that he owns.

There is evidence that weeks before the club were due to go to a tribunal hearing they agreed to pay MoN some part of £12 million.

There is also evidence that our issue was not just wages paid but the wages paid in relation to our income and that's something that Lerner, not MoN, should be fully responsible for.

I think the guy will get a mixed reaction when we play them but I doubt he'll care. He's loved by the supporters of his team and we've got Mcleish for another exciting relegation battle.

MON. Where to start...

MON always publicly claimed he would only sign one-year rolling contracts while he was manager of Villa - as he said at the time it was to "avoid complacency", and knowing he only had a guaranteed 12 months work at any time would keep him on his toes.

MON had made public his thoughts about selling one of Milner or Downing from April 2010, just after the FA Cup, bend over and take it in the ass, ritual humiliation by Chelsea.

As of the end of that season, MON was in top winging form about not having the players required to push on, despite failing to recognize the need for a STRIKER.

As of the end of that season, MON was happy enough with his position at Aston Villa to sign on as manager for another 12 months. Despite huge amounts of speculation about management positions elsewhere.

So, MON was aware of the financial situation in the summer of 2010. It was reported publicly at the time that he had meetings with Lerner regarding the future direction of the club.

Media reports through the summer had MON complaining like a spoilt child over nonsensical issues of not being able to sign th he right players. His reasons at the time were given that other clubs were escalating prices ridiculously.

The summer of 2010 hosted World Cup Finals. Transfer activity, for all clubs, is traditionally quiet through this period.

MON walking away from Aston Villa 5 days before the season commenced had nothing to do with transfers. MON has a long standing reputation for buying at the last minute of the window.

MON leaving after a full pre season ensured that he left with his falsely earned reputation intact, while at the same time creating the impression that there was unbearable unrest at the club and making it tremendously difficult for a successor to add to the squad, get to know the players or prepare for the forthcoming season.

He left on a moral high ground, while dumping Villa in the maximum shit possible, for what could very conceivably be selfish egotistical reasons...

There's not much evidence to suggest he screwed over the club and in spite left 5 days before the season starts.

There is a lot of evidence to suggest Lerner is a man who makes plenty of bad decisions for both teams that he owns.

There is evidence that weeks before the club were due to go to a tribunal hearing they agreed to pay MoN some part of £12 million.

There is also evidence that our issue was not just wages paid but the wages paid in relation to our income and that's something that Lerner, not MoN, should be fully responsible for.

I think the guy will get a mixed reaction when we play them but I doubt he'll care. He's loved by the supporters of his team and we've got Mcleish for another exciting relegation battle.

MON. Where to start...

MON always publicly claimed he would only sign one-year rolling contracts while he was manager of Villa - as he said at the time it was to "avoid complacency", and knowing he only had a guaranteed 12 months work at any time would keep him on his toes.

MON had made public his thoughts about selling one of Milner or Downing from April 2010, just after the FA Cup, bend over and take it in the ass, ritual humiliation by Chelsea.

As of the end of that season, MON was in top winging form about not having the players required to push on, despite failing to recognize the need for a STRIKER.

As of the end of that season, MON was happy enough with his position at Aston Villa to sign on as manager for another 12 months. Despite huge amounts of speculation about management positions elsewhere.

So, MON was aware of the financial situation in the summer of 2010. It was reported publicly at the time that he had meetings with Lerner regarding the future direction of the club.

Media reports through the summer had MON complaining like a spoilt child over nonsensical issues of not being able to sign th he right players. His reasons at the time were given that other clubs were escalating prices ridiculously.

The summer of 2010 hosted World Cup Finals. Transfer activity, for all clubs, is traditionally quiet through this period.

MON walking away from Aston Villa 5 days before the season commenced had nothing to do with transfers. MON has a long standing reputation for buying at the last minute of the window.

MON leaving after a full pre season ensured that he left with his falsely earned reputation intact, while at the same time creating the impression that there was unbearable unrest at the club and making it tremendously difficult for a successor to add to the squad, get to know the players or prepare for the forthcoming season.

He left on a moral high ground, while dumping Villa in the maximum shit possible, for what could very conceivably be selfish egotistical reasons...

And yet magically weeks before the case went to a tribunal we agreed to pay him a large amount of money.

Amazing that, given everything you've stated above.

MON. Where to start...

And yet magically weeks before the case went to a tribunal we agreed to pay him a large amount of money.

Amazing that, given everything you've stated above.

I see you're not disputing any of it though. :yawn:

Do you have any experience of tribunals? Are you aware of the conciliation process that precedes a tribunal?

I see you're not disputing any of it though

I'm sure at some point in my posting history i've gone over those points.

I just think its strange that a man with no history of doing anything like it before walks out on a club 5 days before a season out of spite and to **** them over.

I honestly have no idea how tribunals work but again I would find it strange that we would agree to pay him a large amount of money if he walked out for no reason.

I also think the way the club has been run since and the poor decisions made at the browns add support to idea that things changed behind the scenes at villa park before MON left.

Like I said I don't get the hatred. The way the club has been run since the day he left shows me where my anger and hatred should be placed.

I just think its strange that a man with no history of doing anything like it before walks out on a club 5 days before a season out of spite and to **** them over.

I honestly have no idea how tribunals work but again I would find it strange that we would agree to pay him a large amount of money if he walked out for no reason.

I also think the way the club has been run since and the poor decisions made at the browns add support to idea that things changed behind the scenes at villa park before MON left.

Like I said I don't get the hatred. The way the club has been run since the day he left shows me where my anger and hatred should be placed.

Speaking as somewho who DOES have experience of Tribunals for various matters..... they cost virtual nothing for the appellant to initiate, create massive amounts of **** work for the organisation accused in trying to defend themselves.

The possibility that you MAY lose and collect the appellants legal costs as well as any compensation, along with your own costs means that a non-prejudicial settlement out of court is a damn sight cheaper than fighting a case you may have a chance of losing.

The decision of AVFC to settle out of court does NOT mean that AVFC acknowledge any wrong doing on their part whatsoever. It could mean that they realised they would lose, but it also could mean that AVFC paid up to settle the issue early given that it would have cost a shit load more to lose. The confidentiality agreement means we will never know the truth.

Simply saying AVFC gave up because they knew they were in the wrong is a little too crude an arguement when it comes to all matters legal. The out of court settlement obviously suited both sides.... ie. St. Martin keeps his reputation, and doesn't have to endure a hammering at the hands of AVFC's legal team, the club keeps any blame they are due out of the papers, and everyone moves on quickly and simply.

Except the fans of course. ;)

The settlement case on its own probably wouldn't be enough to suggest the club where in the wrong.

But when you look at MoN's past. The way the browns have been run and the way villa have been run since his departure it leads me to believe that it simply wasn't just a case of MoN jumping ship for no reason and doing it 5 days before the season to cause damage to the club.

Add into that Big John that leaving at that stage had the chance of damaging his reputation as well, he thought it a risk worth taking he must have felt he was in the right.

Given all the evidence since that time I agree with him

Speaking as somewho who DOES have experience of Tribunals for various matters..... they cost virtual nothing for the appellant to initiate, create massive amounts of **** work for the organisation accused in trying to defend themselves.

The possibility that you MAY lose and collect the appellants legal costs as well as any compensation, along with your own costs means that a non-prejudicial settlement out of court is a damn sight cheaper than fighting a case you may have a chance of losing.

The decision of AVFC to settle out of court does NOT mean that AVFC acknowledge any wrong doing on their part whatsoever. It could mean that they realised they would lose, but it also could mean that AVFC paid up to settle the issue early given that it would have cost a shit load more to lose. The confidentiality agreement means we will never know the truth.

Simply saying AVFC gave up because they knew they were in the wrong is a little too crude an arguement when it comes to all matters legal. The out of court settlement obviously suited both sides.... ie. St. Martin keeps his reputation, and doesn't have to endure a hammering at the hands of AVFC's legal team, the club keeps any blame they are due out of the papers, and everyone moves on quickly and simply.

Except the fans of course. ;)

Just to add into that for the benefit of others without the tribunal/conciliation knowledge - the conciliation process is the stage before a tribunal goes to court, before the costs rocket for both sides. Conciliation is a process set up to try to eliminate the need for a tribunal and many cases are settled at this stage.

MON also has a history of taking people to court. Most efficiently; the press.

MON also has a history of taking people to court. Most efficiently; the press

ergo he has a history of being right

e®go he does not tolerate negative press. The negative press most managers would just brush aside.

Self-perpetuating ego.

*cough* Norwich *cough*

MON also has a history of taking people to court. Most efficiently; the press

ergo he has a history of being right

history of petulance, didnt he sue Football 365 over a **** transfer rumour

Â