Martin O'Neill

maqroll

FFS he's only gone and won manager of the month

He is now 3rd in the all time Premier League list behind Ferguson and Wenger. Not bad going considering he spent a few years up in Scotland and also a couple of seasons not managing. He is not surprisingly, given the shit served up since, the last Aston Villa manager to win the award for April 2010.

If only he could convert that success into victories at Wembley.......

He is now 3rd in the all time Premier League list behind Ferguson and Wenger. Not bad going considering he spent a few years up in Scotland and also a couple of seasons not managing. He is not surprisingly, given the shit served up since, the last Aston Villa manager to win the award for April 2010.

He did three times with Leicester, one play off final win and two League Cups which as I am sure your aware was a remarkable achievement on a shoestring budget. He also won there a number of times with Wycombe in FA trophy and play offs.

Of course he may well of had success with us as well had Phil Dowd not **** up.

He did three times with Leicester, one play off final win and two League Cups which as I am sure your aware was a remarkable achievement on a shoestring budget. He also won there a number of times with Wycombe in FA trophy and play offs.

True, our present manager, on even more of a shoestring budget, took a much less quality team to Wembley and won, although I don't think that he needed play-offs to gain promotion.

I suppose that the theme of this exchange is that shit football from a team built on a shoestring budget brings success.

We'd bettere prepare ourselves for Wembley glory then, as it may come sooner than we think :winkold:

He is now 3rd in the all time Premier League list behind Ferguson and Wenger. Not bad going considering he spent a few years up in Scotland and also a couple of seasons not managing. He is not surprisingly, given the shit served up since, the last Aston Villa manager to win the award for April 2010

hmm i wonder how he would have performed the season houllier came in. i suspect he would have flopped hence why he walked like a coward

not a man like david moyes in my opinion

True, our present manager, on even more of a shoestring budget, took a much less quality team to Wembley and won, although I don't think that he needed play-offs to gain promotion.

I couldn't agree more an excellent achievement with that two bit club down the road. Not so sure about him doing it on a shoestring budget though. In 2009/10 he spent over 30 mill. He of course also got them relegated...twice.

He is now 3rd in the all time Premier League list behind Ferguson and Wenger. Not bad going considering he spent a few years up in Scotland and also a couple of seasons not managing. He is not surprisingly, given the shit served up since, the last Aston Villa manager to win the award for April 2010

hmm i wonder how he would have performed the season houllier came in.

Given that the only difference in last seasons squad to the previous seasons, when we had our best ever 38 game Prem season points wise, was the loss of Milner and the signing of Ireland. I'm confident had he not have been sacked we'd have done OK under O'Neill and 100% certain we wouldn't have been in and around the relation zone for 5 months and still in with a shout of the drop with a couple of games to go.

It really doesn't matter now though does it. Its the here and now that matters and he is currently doing very well which is no surprise and we are still wallowing in self pity looking absolutely clueless just as we have been for the last 18 months.

hmm i wonder how he would have performed the season houllier came in. i suspect he would have flopped hence why he walked like a coward

This is the way the Board spun his departure. But surely the fact that they subsequently had to pay him compensation suggests it's not that black and white?

Reo-Coker gave good service to the club IMO - it was his contract situation that we messed up that meant he left for nothing.

but was he worth £8million?

i liked NRC, when we signed him he was one of the best box to box midfielders in the prem, then MON plays him as a DM and then a right back before dropping him completely. poor management.

Eh?

What did he win with Leicester, and didn't he win a playoffas well?

:?

They do it with every manager. You just notice it because it's MON.

And there was me thinking that the ITV Sport production team were made up of certain VT members doing their version of the wedding video out of 'Love Actually' :winkold:

Pretty sure he didn't walk as the club had to pay him off.

i liked NRC, when we signed him he was one of the best box to box midfielders in the prem

He really wasn't at all, possibly MON's worst signing. The West Ham fans used to say exactly the same things about him as we did, tunnel vision, blind alleys, headless chicken, etc. He cost so much because iirc he was U21 captain at the time.

Pretty sure he didn't walk as the club had to pay him off.

He resigned.

The club may have put pressure on him to budget better and to trim the wage bill, but ultimately it was his decision to leave rather than the clubs.

Â