Martin O'Neill

maqroll

was some diabolical performances that season as bad as under McLeish at anfield, Madejski and the Valley for example

I know but i think overall the fans could see progression and there was hope around the place that there could be good times ahead. Unfortunately I, and I assume many other, don't see that at the moment. I can't see it coming either, just don't rate McLeish. I hope he proves me wrong.

The_Steve wrote:

I wonder what ridiculous wages Wayne Bridge is on at Sunderland now

Haha, I bet when he signed for Man City, he thought he'd hit the height of his earning potential. Then along comes O'Neil, a match made in the taxman's dreams.

You do realise Bridge is only on loan till the end of the season therefore is unlikely to have seen any change in his wages with Citeh still picking up some/the majority according to some media outlets of the weekly bill? The only raise Bridge will see is if he has an appearance bonus whereby he'll get the money for that

The_Steve wrote:

Haha, I bet when he signed for Man City, he thought he'd hit the height of his earning potential. Then along comes O'Neil, a match made in the taxman's dreams.

You do realise Bridge is only on loan till the end of the season therefore is unlikely to have seen any change in his wages with Citeh still picking up some/the majority according to some media outlets of the weekly bill? The only raise Bridge will see is if he has an appearance bonus whereby he'll get the money for that

Yes I do, it was a joke, so don't take it too seriously. It was more in reference to the fact I asume BRidge would like to get a permanent move to Sunderland.

It's a bit sad to be that pedantic over a little cheeky sarcy comment. Oh well each to their own.

The_Steve wrote:

Yes I do, it was a joke, so don't take it too seriously. It was more in reference to the fact I asume BRidge would like to get a permanent move to Sunderland.

It's a bit sad to be that pedantic over a little tongue in cheek comment. Oh well each to their own.

Martin O'Neill really is a shit manager isn't he?

I mean Sunderland might be winning games and climbing the table at an incredible rate but the football is just so poor and he's too slow in the transfer market and he just signs shit players. The Sunderland fans must be furious.

Martin O'Neill really is a shit manager isn't he?

I mean Sunderland might be winning games and climbing the table at an incredible rate but the football is just so poor and he's too slow in the transfer market and he just signs shit players. The Sunderland fans must be furious.

Plus the facthe can only do it by spending mega bucks, apparently he is only a manager that spends money

He hasn't changed the Sunderland squad much

Still gets slagged off and sometimes by the same people who defend Mcleish

Amazing really

but has only kept Sunderland up the table hasnt actualyl won anything yet also its not like he has league 2 players. Sunderland have a really big wage structure as it is.

Except for McLean, Colback and Mignolet they have a first team that earns on averaeg about 40k a week

O'Neill has inherited a good midtable squad. An easier run on fixtures - outside of Tottenham, Chelsea and Man City (which they were lucky to win) by all accounts have faced teams who are largely expected to finish below them (minus Everton).

Plus the facthe can only do it by spending mega bucks, apparently he is only a manager that spends money

He hasn't changed the Sunderland squad much

Still gets slagged off and sometimes by the same people who defend Mcleish

Amazing really

to be fair though sunderland were under-performing greatly under fistface

mon will sped money i think we should all wiat until 3 years or so and see how mon does. i have no doubt mon will do well with them spend money on players with a poor re-sale value, then once he quits when the going gets tough sunderland will collapse like we have

Â