Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Dunno at the moment. Kind of excited, but at the same time worrying my ass off as it's not part of my plan :|

If it is any consolation mate I have given up on life 'plans'. Far too many variables and involves being dependant on others.

You can only live in the now. And you have to use the emotion you feel now which thankfully is excitement.

OK the timing may not be ideal and you have not been with Sara long BUT in many ways a kid may be good for you. It gives you some purpose in life, unconditional love and in many ways will force you to act on an even keel.

It may just be the making of you, Dante!

Dunno at the moment. Kind of excited, but at the same time worrying my ass off as it's not part of my plan :|
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

Roll with the flow, mate.

On a side note, nothing confirmed yet, but I may have found out why there has been a bit of tension this past week.

Doctors appointment tomorrow to find out for sure..

Do they not have pregnancy testing kits in your neck of the woods fella?

AFAIK, those things are 99.99% accurate.

They are as accurate as anything the doc would use, anyway.

When we went to the Doc's for confirmation, they didn't bother re-testing as they said that the tests you buy over the counter are spot on.

Getting that 'positive' reading is definitely one of life's timestopping moments.

We wanted a positive result, but even so, we sat down and went: "Oh my God, what have we done...?"

Took a little while for the excitement to kick in.

Have never regretted having kids though.

Do they not have pregnancy testing kits in your neck of the woods fella?

AFAIK, those things are 99.99% accurate.

They are as accurate as anything the doc would use, anyway.

When we went to the Doc's for confirmation, they didn't bother re-testing as they said that the tests you buy over the counter are spot on.

This thread's got an echo ....

Hey Dante, what do you need the doctor for? They don't do pregnancy tests anymore. I assume you've done a home test? (obviously not you personally) :D

She's taken 2 tests, both positive, but she wants to go to the doctors anyway. It's only down the road so I'll go along with her. Suppose if we hear it from a GP then it'll sink in. At the moment I think we're both thinking we've had 2 false positives :lol:

I know what you mean, Mrs E took about 7 of the **** things.... but the Dr. will only say something like "yup... good enough for me."

Whatever you decide to do mate I wish you the best but really think carefully about the future. You'll never be "ready" to be a dad, but from what you've said about this girl in the last few pages IMO you need to be careful. You will be tied to her for the rest of your life.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Dante I hope all goes ok mate because this is life changing. Have you both spoke in depth about what will happen if she is? I know this may sound harsh but she is a model which is her living and wondered if she is up the duff will she be considering her options?

On a side note my ex got up the duff within the first few months of meeting her and I have a 20 year old son, but thats another story.

Also does Con still post on here as I saw on Facebook that he has a kid now!! Really miss his **** random posts :lol:

Â