Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

This weekend I got completely cock blocked by my cousin because he's a man child.

Went out with him and some of his friends, one of them was ridiculously into me. Everyone told me that her and my cousin were just friends, so I'm thinking happy days.

We spend pretty much the whole evening just flirting, then things escalated a fair bit quite quickly. I ended up at half 3 in the morning turning down her offer to stay over after getting her home because I had to be up in the morning for work. She was pretty much demanding a date at that point as well (her exact words were "you can take me out on a date next week") so I wasn't too worried about having to hit and run, it was definitely one in the bank at that point.

Then comes the worst case of sabotage you could ever imagine. My cousin tells her that she's gone too far, and I've over stepped the line, and apparently he's never speaking to either of us again. He's telling everyone that me and this girl were at it in the toilets of the pub we were in (I wish), and just acting completely butt hurt. He goes as far as deleting his facebook account and playing the victim like I've just ran off with his wife.

She's still insisting that they're just friends, and everyone including his sister is telling me they're just friends. So I'm confused as ****, thinking wtf have I gotten into?

So yeah, he's obviously long been friend zoned, but still thinks he has a shot, so I'm trying to work out if I should do some bros before hoes damage limitation, or just say **** it, and see what happens with this girl. I'm leaning towards the latter because if he had an issue then he had ample time to mention it between when she obviously started flirting with me and he **** off (that's another thing, we'd arranged to head off to another bar, and everyone left without me and this girl and when we got to the bar to catch them up, they weren't there) but as he didn't then it's not exactly my fault.

Fast forward to today and she tells me that she can't see me again because my cousins talking to her again and she "doesn't want to upset him again" because he's a good friend (I don't know how many good friends would refuse to talk to you because you start seeing another guy but still) So yeah, what could of been a good thing is ruined because he's am immature idiot whose response to not getting his way is throwing his toys out the pram and acting like a child. It's something I'd have expected back at school, not from a 30+ year old.

Oh, and to top it all I somehow fractured my elbow that night, so I've got my arm in a sling and I didn't get laid. Good times.

Honestly? I'd have serious words with your cousin asking A) Why are you such an immature clearing in the woods? B) Who the hell are you to dictate who she or I get with? C) Next time say something at the start of the evening.

This weekend I got completely cock blocked by my cousin because he's a man child.

Went out with him and some of his friends, one of them was ridiculously into me. Everyone told me that her and my cousin were just friends, so I'm thinking happy days.

We spend pretty much the whole evening just flirting, then things escalated a fair bit quite quickly. I ended up at half 3 in the morning turning down her offer to stay over after getting her home because I had to be up in the morning for work. She was pretty much demanding a date at that point as well (her exact words were "you can take me out on a date next week") so I wasn't too worried about having to hit and run, it was definitely one in the bank at that point.

Then comes the worst case of sabotage you could ever imagine. My cousin tells her that she's gone too far, and I've over stepped the line, and apparently he's never speaking to either of us again. He's telling everyone that me and this girl were at it in the toilets of the pub we were in (I wish), and just acting completely butt hurt. He goes as far as deleting his facebook account and playing the victim like I've just ran off with his wife.

She's still insisting that they're just friends, and everyone including his sister is telling me they're just friends. So I'm confused as ****, thinking wtf have I gotten into?

So yeah, he's obviously long been friend zoned, but still thinks he has a shot, so I'm trying to work out if I should do some bros before hoes damage limitation, or just say **** it, and see what happens with this girl. I'm leaning towards the latter because if he had an issue then he had ample time to mention it between when she obviously started flirting with me and he **** off (that's another thing, we'd arranged to head off to another bar, and everyone left without me and this girl and when we got to the bar to catch them up, they weren't there) but as he didn't then it's not exactly my fault.

Fast forward to today and she tells me that she can't see me again because my cousins talking to her again and she "doesn't want to upset him again" because he's a good friend (I don't know how many good friends would refuse to talk to you because you start seeing another guy but still) So yeah, what could have been a good thing is ruined because he's am immature idiot whose response to not getting his way is throwing his toys out the pram and acting like a child. It's something I'd have expected back at school, not from a 30+ year old.

Oh, and to top it all I somehow fractured my elbow that night, so I've got my arm in a sling and I didn't get laid. Good times.

Your cousin needs knocking the **** out.

I agree with Gareth.

But both of them sound like too much trouble....to bother with.

I am a little disappointed that you turned down a shag due to work. However, I would take her out on a date (tell her its in secret), nail her, take pics and then send them to your cousin to remind him who the daddy is!

I would play on with the girl, your cousin is a dick!

Your cousin is either gay and does not want his fag hag not to be at his beck and call or he has a crush on her but dont have bollocks to do anything.

No matter who she sees he will try and put a spanner in the works Phone him up and tell him to sort this shit out else you will put it to a facebook vote on whether his behaviour was that of a dick head or just gay! :lol:

I agree with Gareth.

But both of them sound like too much trouble....to bother with.

I am a little disappointed that you turned down a shag due to work. However, I would take her out on a date (tell her its in secret), nail her, take pics and then send them to your cousin to remind him who the daddy is!

Oh yes! this! The secret thing would work too!

sounds like a classic case of why some men and women cannot be friends....

ive ended friendships a few times after ive realised i wanna sling one up her...

but they have never been long friendships...maybe just a few months....

problem arises when you've been friends for years and it would be a major issue if you didnt see each other any more...

how long has your cousin been friends with her?

Honestly? I'd have serious words with your cousin asking A) Why are you such an immature clearing in the woods? B) Who the hell are you to dictate who she or I get with? C) Next time say something at the start of the evening.

This is what I'm thinking. Definitely going to have words with him.

Your cousin needs knocking the **** out.

Sadly as much as I'd love to give him a slap I don't think that'll end well considering the whole lack of the use of an arm thing.

I am a little disappointed that you turned down a shag due to work. However, I would take her out on a date (tell her its in secret), do her up the wrong un, take pics and then send them to your cousin to remind him who the daddy is!

Fixed that for you.

Believe me if the whole secret thing was an option I'd go for it, because **** him. But she doesn't seem to want any of it anymore. May have to bump into her "accidentally" and see what happens then though ;)

or he has a crush on her but dont have bollocks to do anything.

This is what my conclusion is.

If it was this and he just said "look mate, I really like her" I'd probably have backed off, because it's just not worth the hassle. But just saying nothing and then acting like a 2 year old... it's pathetic.

how long has your cousin been friends with her?
No idea, this is the first I've ever seen of her, so it can't really be that long.

Still, I'm sure arm in a sling is good for a sympathy shag from someone.

Fast forward to today and she tells me that she can't see me again because my cousins talking to her again and she "doesn't want to upset him again" because he's a good friend (I don't know how many good friends would refuse to talk to you because you start seeing another guy but still) So yeah, what could have been a good thing is ruined because he's am immature idiot whose response to not getting his way is throwing his toys out the pram and acting like a child. It's something I'd have expected back at school, not from a 30+ year old.

Obviously your cousin was being a bit of a cock.

BUT, if he did have some fairly meaningful feelings for this girl, then it must have been pretty crushing to see his cousin achieving what he never could.

Clearly you've done nothing wrong, and you're within your rights to be more than a little p*ssed off. But spare a thought for your cousin, who probably felt like shit all night. In reality, we'd all feel horrible in that situation, but clearly he isn't able to deal with it as maturely as you or I would. That doesn't make him a bad person though necesserily, I can't imagine he upset because he wanted to, it was just his natural reaction to the events he could see infront of him.

Â