Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Got a concert on Wednesday and I'm going to do it sober and clean and also my kids birthday party Saturday which I'm not drinking. Party is at the miners club and there will be plenty of parents drinking, but I've been asked if I'm going to be ok and I've said yes. 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Got a concert on Wednesday and I'm going to do it sober and clean and also my kids birthday party Saturday which I'm not drinking. Party is at the miners club and there will be plenty of parents drinking, but I've been asked if I'm going to be ok and I've said yes. 

Whatever you do keep your word mate, that will be a big step and big brownie points. Really not the one to slip up on.

Routing for you.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No, nothing at all. 

Time to stop failing and make this occasion the attempt that succeeds forever. FFS just do it. We are all wishing you the best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sorry for hijacking this thread with my shit.

Have you considered someone else controlling your spending money? Not having £40 in your wallet might just make you delay falling in to habitual behaviour by 20 minutes. Might be enough to get through the itch and out the other side?

I want to take the piss out of your laughable musical taste and your newspaper choices and your lucky ear. But I can't do that if I think you're just 1% wobbly. 

So sort yourself out, you dick.

• Like 4

If this was a film..

Now is the time Ruge is in a football stadium, which is completely dark, except for a spotlight on Ruge and a football on the penalty spot. 

You hear a heartbeat and nothing else.  A close up of Ruge, a dirty, beat up face and a single drop of sweat falling down his temple.

Camera pans to behind/above him..

The lights come up and it's a packed Wembley, and it's the decisive penalty against the Blues for the F.A. Cup after a hard fought 90 mins plus extra time.  The crowd are fully behind you and you're shooting towards the Villa end.

You have our FULL support, you've got the chance - you just need to make sure you're cool and calm.. the rest is up to you..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Have you considered someone else controlling your spending money? Not having £40 in your wallet might just make you delay falling in to habitual behaviour by 20 minutes. Might be enough to get through the itch and out the other side?

I want to take the piss out of your laughable musical taste and your newspaper choices and your lucky ear. But I can't do that if I think you're just 1% wobbly. 

So sort yourself out, you dick.

Cheeky sod :) my wife has already said she's going to be controlling the money from now on.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Would just like to say the support I've had on here is unreal. I don't even get this off my mates. Anyway goodnight everyone.

You're welcome just don't let us down or we'll get angry and you wouldn't like us when we are angry... ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Just don't try to roger me, my hoover or throw your man batter up my fridge.

Let the man have a bit of fun!

22 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

You're welcome just don't let us down or we'll get angry and you wouldn't like us when we are angry... ;)

Although.. IF he did have a chance to get his hands on one of those watches...

WHAT.A.NIGHT THAT WOULD BE

:lol:;)  

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Check in time Ruge... how you doing fella?

I'm ok mate. Just lay in bed and all is good. Me and my wife have both done a joint gym membership tonight, so that's a positive step in the right direction. I was worried though because I thought it meant we had to go together, but it turns out if you do a joint membership it's a tad cheaper.   Feeling strong and optimistic, but I know that won't last and weakness will set in, but that's addiction and I'm going to do my best to stay strong. Had a bit of a stressful time earlier as I found out how much my addiction had cost us in the last two months, but it's dead money and it's done now. Onwards and upwards :thumb:

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm ok mate. Just lay in bed and all is good. Me and my wife have both done a joint gym membership tonight, so that's a positive step in the right direction. I was worried though because I thought it meant we had to go together, but it turns out if you do a joint membership it's a tad cheaper.   Feeling strong and optimistic, but I know that won't last and weakness will set in, but that's addiction and I'm going to do my best to stay strong. Had a bit of a stressful time earlier as I found out how much my addiction had cost us in the last two months, but it's dead money and it's done now. Onwards and upwards :thumb:

What's her thoughts now? Has she changed since her initial return? Obviously a joint membership is a good step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Ha that joint membership thing made me chuckle! 

Glad to hear you are going down the exercise route, honestly it will do you the world of good. Plus you might just replace your addictions with a more healthy one...

As for weakness... no mate. Doubt will kick in, so will temptation you can't stop those things but weakness that is something else, that is up to you it's in your control.

I'm glad you worked out how much it has cost you. Use it as a positive. I've help 3 people stop smoking that way, I worked out what it cost them a year then asked what they would do for an equivalent pay rise, then told them what smoking was costing them. Did the trick.

Its dead money but it's another moviation for you.

Â