Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Whether he is taking her for granted or not its not right to get in the middle of that knowingly and on purpose. If he is just slacking a bit and needs to step up then she needs to tell him, not go out for a day/night or whatever with another bloke just to make him jealous. They could sort their issues out between themselves or split up. Being a pawn in it is just a dick move, whether he is a dick or not doesn't come into it. It has nothing to do with you. She sounds like as much a knob as her bf.

Does no one have any morality or standards anymore ffs.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2017 at 17:33, Xann said:

Ha ha - She's a smashing girl Ruge, but I'm not out to smash her.

As for the geezer, he's hitting above his weight and taking her for granted.

She's my Mate, he needs to up his game.

I would worry more about you than your pretty young thing.

You have put yourself into the rescuer role by your conclusion that she is a smashing girl who deserves better.

I am sure you will not take it beyond friendship but what happens if she decides otherwise?

Ultimately her motives might have as much to do with punishing her deadbeat bloke as to do with your confident worldly qualities.

Please be aware of who has the power and the possible dangers.

Which is what I would say to any bloke.

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Men and women can be friends and can go on trips in to town and adventures.

This is not Afghanistan.

I've gone to gigs with women that weren't my wife. She does stuff without me. 

It's almost like we are adults in the western world, enjoying freedoms hard won over thousands of years.

Being 'out' with someone else's woman is not a stoning offence, this is not the Taliban thread. Secret sly deceitful shagging or years of silent resentment, they're the offences because we ain't here that long so be good, be loyal but be honest with yourselves kids...

Yes I completely agree, but this situation doesn't quite fit that innocent two friends going out about town criteria, it was knowingly done to incite a reaction. 

15 hours ago, Xann said:

She and I had a great day.

He rang and had a hissy fit.

It didn't spoil dessert.

Japanese shaved ice pudding, really good.

:)

DHUTWU

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

... innocent two friends going out about town criteria...

Primary objective.

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

... it was knowingly done to incite a reaction. 

Which brings us to this...

3 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Ultimately her motives might have as much to do with punishing her deadbeat bloke as to do with your confident worldly qualities.

Oh aye.

13 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

They could sort their issues out between themselves or split up.

Sure. On its current course their relationship was doomed.

He might be pissed off now, but yesterday's friendly, and openly documented on FB, day out was about as polite a wake up call as he could hope for.

She's set her stall out. Now they both know she's capable of independent thought and action.

My part in this should be done? Like any good catalyst, it's time to exit unchanged.

3 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I am sure you will not take it beyond friendship but what happens if she decides otherwise?

My other half's attendance at future excursions should put dampeners on that :D

13 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Does no one have any morality or standards anymore ffs.

Please, I've taken Cinders to the ball and been the gent with it.

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

DHUTWU

Ha - She's so neat, can't imagine the regular entrance being that tatty.

Going to stop thinking about that now :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Men and women can be friends and can go on trips in to town and adventures.

This is not Afghanistan.

I've gone to gigs with women that weren't my wife. She does stuff without me. 

It's almost like we are adults in the western world, enjoying freedoms hard won over thousands of years.

Being 'out' with someone else's woman is not a stoning offence, this is not the Taliban thread. Secret sly deceitful shagging or years of silent resentment, they're the offences because we ain't here that long so be good, be loyal but be honest with yourselves kids...

Yeah, this. But. 

Tread carefully, it could easily end in tears. Or worse, wedding bells. 

I've been in a similar position myself @Xann and if I'm honest, despite never making a move on the girl I was telling everyone I was just friends with, I knew I fancied her and I was playing the shoulder to cry on and putting the time in so it would pay off later.

It never did. The girl knew what was going on and to her credit after a number of months she even decided to stop spending so much time with me. She described it as 'having her cake and eating it' since between me and her boyfriend she had two halves of a successful relationship but she felt she was betraying him so she canned it with me. She didn't go about it well and we're no longer on speaking terms (her choice) but I'm over it. It was an unhealthy pseudo-relationship and whilst I got a lot of fun times out of it and we came close to giving in on occasion, we never did. It wasn't sustainable.

I'm not saying this is how your situation is, just that's what happened to me. Funnily enough I have been good friends with another girl for a couple of years now but we were just genuinely mates despite her being gorgeous and wonderful and us having a ton of stuff in common. Six months ago she broke up with her boyfriend of seven years and we've gotten a lot closer since. I'd be fibbing if I wasn't hopeful something will happen, but as I said, she was always off limits whilst she was with someone. Now it appears that it may turn into something I never even thought about and she may well be the just girl I've been looking for. She's damn near perfect.

Fingers crossed for the both of us.

Edit - Just realised you said you already had another half! Looks like you're being a genuine friend which renders my entire post pretty pointless. Oh well.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

Would just like to say, I have my own standards and other people have theirs, I know Xann isn't a bad person or anything like that, on the contrary I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I wasnt looking to argue about things, just expressing my thoughts, I just think things like that should be left to the couple to sort out. Give advice and so forth but not actively play a part if that makes sense.

Anyway, hope they work it out regardless.

• Like 3

I could never have female friends who I hang out with and if my wife was to have male friends who she went out with it would probably create problems. Both of us have done in the past and it created problems then, but a good friend of my wife's actually tried it on with her, so I was right not to trust it. I will admit it's a sad state of affairs when you or your partner can't have friends who are the opposite sex.

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Assuming I didn't know the fella, then it would depend on the relationship. 

Just bf and gf: not bothered. 

Married: would probably say no

Married with kids(s): absolute no no

Definitely agree on the last bit, but I suppose you can't help who you fall in love with.

6 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

Just got married tha night lads. 

Well done you scrawney looking bugger. Might be my turn next year.

Â