Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

My issue hasn't disappeared. Driving me mental.

I know what I should do, and I know the advice I'd give someone else if they were in the same position.

But it's bloody hard when you have to do it yourself :crylaugh: 

Sigh.

I'm a bugger for getting too complacent. I start slipping and stop making effort, then she starts getting on at me. Relationships can be hard work, maybe too hard at times. I suppose it all boils down to how difficult the two people are. Funnily enough I had a dream last night I strangled my missus. 

• Like 1

I need to make amends for my wedding day fiasco. I know sometimes I laugh about it, but it honestly broke her heart and ruined her big day. Now and again she mentions how much of a disaster it was, and how she wishes she could forget about it. Pretty shameful really. It would be nice to renew our wedding vows, and I know that would go a long way in making her feeling a lot happier. Could maybe do it on a holiday next year. Our wedding didn't cost a lot and I'm sure renewing our vows wouldn't either. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I need to make amends for my wedding day fiasco. I know sometimes I laugh about it, but it honestly broke her heart and ruined her big day. Now and again she mentions how much of a disaster it was, and how she wishes she could forget about it. Pretty shameful really. It would be nice to renew our wedding vows, and I know that would go a long way in making her feeling a lot happier. Could maybe do it on a holiday next year. Our wedding didn't cost a lot and I'm sure renewing our vows wouldn't either. 

Didn't your wedding day end up in an orgy?

I always remember that you and I got married on the same day. My wedding night involved me playing a drunken game of Trivial Pursuit with my wife and best man before passing out. Bit of a contrast there :P

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Didn't your wedding day end up in an orgy?

I always remember that you and I got married on the same day. My wedding night involved me playing a drunken game of Trivial Pursuit with my wife and best man before passing out. Bit of a contrast there :P

My wedding day included being absolutely hammered and coked out of my head. Then I decided to try and cop off with another woman and got caught by my wife. After at the hotel I put the hair straighteners up my wife's arse. I had no sleep and felt like shit, but very lucky that my wife of one day had not already started divorce proceedings. It's fair to say I was in the dog house for a bit.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My issue hasn't disappeared. Driving me mental.

I know what I should do, and I know the advice I'd give someone else if they were in the same position.

But it's bloody hard when you have to do it yourself :crylaugh: 

Sigh.

We really are guided by the wrong head.

• Like 2

Just now, BOF said:

We really are guided by the wrong head.

Indeed.

Although, to give me some credit (I don't deserve a lot), if I was totally guided by THAT head then it would have already happened.

It hasn't. I was fine when it was that head that was driving things. But now my actual head has joined in.

28 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My wedding day included being absolutely hammered and coked out of my head. Then I decided to try and cop off with another woman and got caught by my wife. After at the hotel I put the hair straighteners up my wife's arse. I had no sleep and felt like shit, but very lucky that my wife of one day had not already started divorce proceedings. It's fair to say I was in the dog house for a bit.

4142673.jpg

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Were they on and was she expecting it?

Â