Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I need to make amends for my wedding day fiasco. I know sometimes I laugh about it, but it honestly broke her heart and ruined her big day. Now and again she mentions how much of a disaster it was, and how she wishes she could forget about it. Pretty shameful really. It would be nice to renew our wedding vows, and I know that would go a long way in making her feeling a lot happier. Could maybe do it on a holiday next year. Our wedding didn't cost a lot and I'm sure renewing our vows wouldn't either. 

That's a great idea chap 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Indeed.

Although, to give me some credit (I don't deserve a lot), if I was totally guided by THAT head then it would have already happened.

It hasn't. I was fine when it was that head that was driving things. But now my actual head has joined in.

On a serious note, do you see anything happening long term'? Or it is just lust/excitement?

1 hour ago, Xela said:

On a serious note, do you see anything happening long term'? Or it is just lust/excitement?

Dunno. That's what I need to figure out.

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

That's a great idea chap 

Yep I agree. And maybe try to keep it more low key. Only a few close family and not such a big party!

10 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My wedding day included being absolutely hammered and coked out of my head. Then I decided to try and cop off with another woman and got caught by my wife. After at the hotel I put the hair straighteners up my wife's arse. I had no sleep and felt like shit, but very lucky that my wife of one day had not already started divorce proceedings. It's fair to say I was in the dog house for a bit.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My wedding day included being absolutely hammered and coked out of my head. Then I decided to try and cop off with another woman and got caught by my wife. After at the hotel I put the hair straighteners up my wife's arse. I had no sleep and felt like shit, but very lucky that my wife of one day had not already started divorce proceedings. It's fair to say I was in the dog house for a bit.

Image result for Expected gif

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Do you already have a missus? 

Yes. Believe me if I was single then this wouldn't even be a discussion!

Which was why before I had made the obvious decision to ignore the advances of the new girl and stay with my missus. Who I love an absolutely massive amount.

But the more time I spend with the new girl (at work mostly), the more I like her.
And my head has gone from "You're already with the right girl" to "what if... she's not the right girl, and the new one is?"

At the moment it's a bit like I want to have my cake and eat it. It'll pass. I hope.

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes. Believe me if I was single then this wouldn't even be a discussion!

Which was why before I had made the obvious decision to ignore the advances of the new girl and stay with my missus. Who I love an absolutely massive amount.

But the more time I spend with the new girl (at work mostly), the more I like her.
And my head has gone from "You're already with the right girl" to "what if... she's not the right girl, and the new one is?"

At the moment it's a bit like I want to have my cake and eat it. It'll pass. I hope.

You gotta cut all ties with this other girl I think. My mate was in same position as you he had it all then got tempted and had those same thoughts ended it with his perfect girl went with this one and it lasted 2-3 weeks and he realised what a bellend he was to give in to temptation. He desperately tried getting back with his ex but she moved on and could not forgive. She is happy with some one knew and it is eating at him inside.

Tread carefully pal. good luck :thumb:

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

You gotta cut all ties with this other girl I think. My mate was in same position as you he had it all then got tempted and had those same thoughts ended it with his perfect girl went with this one and it lasted 2-3 weeks and he realised what a bellend he was to give in to temptation. He desperately tried getting back with his ex but she moved on and could not forgive. She is happy with some one knew and it is eating at him inside.

Tread carefully pal. Could luck :thumb:

Yeah, that's what I need to do. It's kind of hard though :) Especially when I work with the new girl. I see her every day.

But I know it has disaster written all over it, which is why I'm resisting.

Yeah, that's what I need to do. It's kind of hard though :) Especially when I work with the new girl. I see her every day.

Has disaster written all over it. Never date someone you have to work with.

• Like 1

Do you not have someone you could set her up with ? 

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you not have someone you could set her up with ? 

The new girl?

Funnily enough I don't fancy setting her up with someone at the moment :D 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ohhh, dayamnn.  That, I didn't know.  Well, then I'm afraid we can not advise you sir!  Follow your .... heart (I was never going to say the other thing).

Â