Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

2 hours ago, choffer said:

Not really.

Started very positively. Very quickly descended into a mountain of sulks, "why is watching the football more important than spending time with me?"*, "I don't think you're as committed to this as me" and a mass of insecurities.

I don't have a problem with the insecurity, who doesn't need a bit of a boost every once in a while? What I do have an issue with is manipulating every situation to make her feel better about herself and being dragged to a variety of places where we were guaranteed to bump into people she knew, just so she could show off the fact that she had a boyfriend now. I was expected to give up every moment of spare time and when I didn't, I'd get another massive sulk.

(* The Wales match on Friday was the killer - I've missed pretty much every weekend match to spend time with her up until then but I had to put my foot down on that one)

Sounds like my ex damn you did the right thing eventually she would try get you to cancel your sky sports!

guys its been emotional...but I've deleted my tinder ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sounds like my ex damn you did the right thing eventually she would try get you to cancel your sky sports!

guys its been emotional...but I've deleted my tinder ;)

Getting with that one in America? 

27 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Getting with that one in America? 

Potentially if all goes well. 

1) she has told me she is coming back as hasn't worked out as she would have liked and she has already planned our first date, she is coming round to cook for me, then we are watching finding nemo ( god help me)

2) was going to delete tinder anyway too many wierd women on there recently need a break from it

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

1) she has told me she is coming back as hasn't worked out as she would have liked and she has already planned our first date, she is coming round to cook for me, then we are watching finding nemo ( god help me)

2) was going to delete tinder anyway too many wierd women on there recently need a break from it

Good lad, good luck. "Cook for you" yeah yeah ;)

Fining nemo is ace anyway, I'm more disgusted that you haven't seen it!!!

Yep I had a few months off from it, it can be crap at times

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thought it was all about Bumble these days anyway, and before that it was Happn? Seemed to me, the crazys take longer to sign up to these apps and thus moving to whichever new platform comes about was the best option.

Im out the game now (probably forever), but I will thank Tinder (and Happn) for many great memories and stories.

16 hours ago, Xela said:

They're all various kinds of mental :)

I said this year I would get back in the dating scene, but at the moment I just can't be bothered. I don't know what's the matter with me! 

Impotence? ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Xela said:

They're all various kinds of mental :)

I said this year I would get back in the dating scene, but at the moment I just can't be bothered. I don't know what's the matter with me! 

You could just have been confronted with overwhelming evidence and had the good sense not to ignore it.:)

• Like 1

On 7/4/2016 at 22:13, mikeyp102 said:

Good lad, good luck. "Cook for you" yeah yeah ;)

Fining nemo is ace anyway, I'm more disgusted that you haven't seen it!!!

Yep I had a few months off from it, it can be crap at times

Haha she better do I want the food first! As for nemo I cant believe I agreed to this and she said exactly what you said about not seeing it!. I think at least will help me sleep -_- 

I would rate in this order of sites for dating

1) tinder

2)wish

3)POF (the worst) 

have not used match, eharmony etc

Edited by Demitri_C

On 04/07/2016 at 18:38, Frobisher said:

I met my wife on Match.

I'd always be terrified of that happening.  Oh wait, she wasn't your wife at the time.  Gotcha.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

@Demitri_C and to prove to her what a sensitive soul you really are, you could show her this thread.  They dig all that kinda crap :P 

Better not, she might see some of the pics i uploaded of some of the girls i was seeing prior :blush:

Otheriwse would be happy to :mrgreen:

Edited by Demitri_C

On 4 July 2016 at 18:38, Frobisher said:

It was a while ago now, pre-Tinder days, but I met my wife on Match. After going out with a bunch of nutters first, admittedly. 

Show off :P

• 3 weeks later...

Have any of you been on tinder recently? They have this new social aspect where you can go out as groups instead of as a pair. Me and two of mates tried it out and we are meeting a group of chicks tonight. Quite a good idea. :)

Â