Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

On 18/06/2016 at 01:45, dAVe80 said:

Bumped into my mate's little sister this evening. I've known her since she was a kid, and although I could always see she was good looking, she was pretty much off limits. Tonight though, I had to admit, she is smoking hot. Had a really nice chat with her, and swapped numbers. I may be reading this all wrong, and potentially ruining a long friendship / upsetting a family I have a lot of time for, or even worse reading it wrong, but I'm pretty sure there was a spark. He doesn't live in the same town any more, so there's one hurdle out the way. I need to tread carefully though I think. DHUTWU is obviously the only reasonable course of action. 

me-on-my-way-to-make-bad-decisions-happy

On 18/06/2016 at 11:03, hogso said:

Tell her you've fancied her since she was 8 years old and she hasn't aged a day

:crylaugh:

• Like 3

Is it strange that I have been speaking to that girl that was trialing moving to the states every day? She been there four weeks yet we talk every day we talk, she says she looks forward to seeing my watsapp messages every day. 

never been in this situation before :mrgreen:

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is it strange that I have been speaking to that girl that was trialing moving to the states every day? She been there four weeks yet we talk every day we talk, she says she looks forward to seeing my watsapp dick pics every day. 

never been in this situation before :mrgreen:

Fixed for you.

Something to do with wanting what you cant have? or Opening up because it cant really go anywere?  I semi dated a girl who lived in Philadelphia, Great times and great girl, i wonder if we would have dated if she lived a few minutes down the road. I wasnt really keen on a relationship at the time (which I think was mostly to do with my current GF who ill no doubt marry) so i guess it was a happy medium

52 minutes ago, zak said:

Fixed for you.

Something to do with wanting what you cant have? or Opening up because it cant really go anywere?  I semi dated a girl who lived in Philadelphia, Great times and great girl, i wonder if we would have dated if she lived a few minutes down the road. I wasnt really keen on a relationship at the time (which I think was mostly to do with my current GF who ill no doubt marry) so i guess it was a happy medium

:crylaugh:

honestly since i split with my ex i have been on loads of dates but this one i really have clicked with. we have a lot in common, share the same humour and she just seems like a fun and well driven girl. the kind of qualities i like in women. She dropped it on me last night that she thinks she will be back in the uk by December as her plan to become a US citizen is more complicated than she initially thought. I thought she would be gutted but she seems to be really upbeat about coming back.

Just going to live my life and see where we are at until then, although she really wants me to go meet her in Greece in July/August 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

So how's everyone's trials and tribulations going?

I'd been off the apps for a while as got bored of them, but signed back up for Tinder and joined Match last week (not worth paying for I can tell you).

Met up with one last night from Tinder. Had a really good night, got on well, had similar views and good looking. Spent nearly 8 hours together. Meeting up again Thursday. 

• Like 3

On 25/06/2016 at 23:18, mikeyp102 said:

I'd been off the apps for a while as got bored of them, but signed back up for Tinder and joined Match last week (not worth paying for I can tell you).

Met up with one last night from Tinder. Had a really good night, got on well, had similar views and good looking. Spent nearly 8 hours together. Meeting up again Thursday. 

Christ, I bet she's sore :lol:

(I'm implying that you were having sex for that long, which is obviously stupid)

• Like 4

On 6/25/2016 at 23:18, mikeyp102 said:

Glad to hear its going well for you mate! I have never really contemplated match.com to be honest. Why is it not worth paying for? Is it like POF?

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Glad to hear its going well for you mate! I have never really contemplated match.com to be honest. Why is it not worth paying for? Is it like POF?

It's a bit like POF, but you can only send and read messages if you're a paying member. But as a paying member you don't know if others are paying, so you could send loads of messages out and no one be able to read them. 

45 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It's a bit like POF, but you can only send and read messages if you're a paying member. But as a paying member you don't know if others are paying, so you could send loads of messages out and no one be able to read them. 

I cannot believe it's so popular on that basis sounds ridiculous

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, choffer said:

I always used to read this thread with a wry smile. You youngsters with your apps going on dates all the time. Stories of madness, Nazis and all-round nonsense. How lucky I am to not be in my 20's

Then I got single and gave it a go.

Bingo, I thought. Struck gold early doors. Secure job, same music and movie taste as me, smart, good looking. What's more, she's a grown-up too so I don't have to put up with the nonsense that you youngsters have to put up with.

Silly me, she's just as mental as all the rest:blink:

We go again.

(but not just yet, I need a break)

Like the unicorn the nawalt is a mythological creature which sadly does not exist. 

57 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Sounds like you have a story to tell... 

Not really.

Started very positively. Very quickly descended into a mountain of sulks, "why is watching the football more important than spending time with me?"*, "I don't think you're as committed to this as me" and a mass of insecurities.

I don't have a problem with the insecurity, who doesn't need a bit of a boost every once in a while? What I do have an issue with is manipulating every situation to make her feel better about herself and being dragged to a variety of places where we were guaranteed to bump into people she knew, just so she could show off the fact that she had a boyfriend now. I was expected to give up every moment of spare time and when I didn't, I'd get another massive sulk.

(* The Wales match on Friday was the killer - I've missed pretty much every weekend match to spend time with her up until then but I had to put my foot down on that one)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Not really.

Started very positively. Very quickly descended into a mountain of sulks, "why is watching the football more important than spending time with me?"*, "I don't think you're as committed to this as me" and a mass of insecurities.

I don't have a problem with the insecurity, who doesn't need a bit of a boost every once in a while? What I do have an issue with is manipulating every situation to make her feel better about herself and being dragged to a variety of places where we were guaranteed to bump into people she knew, just so she could show off the fact that she had a boyfriend now. I was expected to give up every moment of spare time and when I didn't, I'd get another massive sulk.

(* The Wales match on Friday was the killer - I've missed pretty much every weekend match to spend time with her up until then but I had to put my foot down on that one)

They're all various kinds of mental :)

I said this year I would get back in the dating scene, but at the moment I just can't be bothered. I don't know what's the matter with me! 

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Not really.

We go again!! 

• Like 1

Â