Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I worked in a pub on a quiet Monday evening when a couple of scousers came in and asked if they could use the toilet. One of them did a big f**k off stinky shit in the sink. He was very lucky he got out the pub and got too far before I realised.

well It was not what i expected. There was a handshake but no kiss on the cheek. Then we had a pleasant meal. Then she said she had to go out, which she did. I thought well I'm not surprised. So me and the brother in law had a chat, it turns out there is a few in her family who he doesn't like. So after a couple of hours I said I had to go and he asked me to hang on a bit, and he phoned his wife, who came straight back. They had already planned she would go out, so me and him could go over things, witout any direct family influence, which is fair enough. When she came back we spoke pleasantly for a little longer. When I left I got a big cuddle and a peck on the cheek.  I didn't crap in the sink or DHUTWU though.

No but I have seen them, one night when I was staying with her during her divorce, she went to bed and I did some work downstairs. She came down crying her eyes out , she was wearing a nightie and I gave her a hug and as we let go it all got entangled and they were their on view. 

• Like 4

No but I have seen them, one night when I was staying with her during her divorce, she went to bed and I did some work downstairs. She came down crying her eyes out , she was wearing a nightie and I gave her a hug and as we let go it all got entangled and they were their on view. 

:thumb:  :clap:

• Like 1

thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

• Like 1

I think we need a pic of this filthy temptress

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a dilemma. Some of you may have read my wife left me over the Christmas period, She hasn't moved in with this other man, she is keeping that from the kids, denying she has been having an affair. But she is, and they are becoming aware of it. That's not my dilemma though. Her family have obviously been on her side.  No one one her side of the family, whom I have known for 26 years have spoken to me since it all came out, save fors one brother in law who has spoken to me a couple of times, and so has his wife. I supported her through her divorce some years ago. I was the only one, and that was really because I was working nearby on business so stayed with her a lot rather than hotels. In the last week she sent a letter to my ex but delivered to my address by mistake. I have to be honest , I opened it. The gist of it was I'm with you Sis bugger him. 

Now the dilemma, they have invited me for dinner tonight, I have accepted. I think it was all his idea. But I just don't know how to play it. how should I react. Normally when I used to go in, it was a handshake for him and a peck on the cheek for her. 

And what should I tell them, that I feel lousy, that despite what my ex (that's the first time I have used that phrase) has told them she has been cheating on the me and my kids. The fact that she couldn't get any time for holidays with the kids she could get time off for a holiday with her boyfriend, basically should I tell them how I see it, or should I keep schtumm or even put a brave face on it and say everything is fine. 

I'm not sure.   I have 4 hours to decide. 

Just act cordial and if asked tell them the reason for the break up (that it was her fault). You've done nothing wrong pal. Don't see why you should hiding the facts from people. 

I am a bit late to this one but from my point of view I wouldn't hold back the truth if you're asked. 

Whilst I don't know the reason she may have given why she has done this, it may be something she could be saying to justify her actions. You were never home, never supported her etc etc, which drove her to someone else. 

There's difficult times in many relationships, sometimes many people think of doing the unthinkable, because a time in their lives (work, family, problems etc) are pulling a couple apart.

The main thing is to get over them rather than go to someone else. That's why some people refer to it as the "rocky road of marriage". In today's times there's going to be loads of ups and downs with any couple, with kids or not.

I am not trying to lecture anyone, certainly not you, but if this situation has happened and your moments of doubt and potential responsibility for this happening has passed then people should certainly know what's happened, especially if they ask. 

Like you say, if she hasn't made time to holiday with the kids and yourself but used that time to spend having an affair, that's actually making me angry reading that kind of thing on this forum. Having her family (by the sounds of it) put the issues back on your door, must be because they don't know what's happened, or their moral compass is massively misguided. 

It may never happen but if I heard my siblings had done something like that, husband or wife and I found out, they'd get the bollocking of their life off me. They'd still be family and I would still love them, but not after they'd had the biggest character assassination of their entire life off me.

I think the main thing is trying to understand her reasoning for doing it, somewhere along the road she has decided she wanted to do that and obviously understood the consequences of taking that path. 

10370815_1544861889110369_37593961777500

missus going away to scotland for the weekend with her mum and sister and ive got the kids. for some reason i dont think she trusts me and what kind of relationshipis that ;)

That's your food sorted for the day, but what are the kids having?
  • Like 2

Â