Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Onwards and upwards Ginks. Online dating can be a minefield but there are truly some wonderful people out there looking for love. You just need to be able to sort the wheat from the chaff.

I've met a few girls online and while some have been disasters, the majority are genuine. Good luck buddy

• Like 1

POF is the one I've been looking at. I don't really want to be paying for it just yet. I just imagine it'll be a case of the guys doing all the chasing and the girls not doing anything. I'm a bit fed up of that dynamic at the moment.

POF is the one I've been looking at. I don't really want to be paying for it just yet. I just imagine it'll be a case of the guys doing all the chasing and the girls not doing anything. I'm a bit fed up of that dynamic at the moment.

sadly that's usually how it is for everyone

Well, I saw it coming and turns out I was not being paranoid and just being incredibly perceptive. This girl I've been seeing gave me the 'we need to talk, I don't feel 'that' was about you, I really want you in my life as a friend' talk that I'd been dreading. So yeah, that was fun.

And there's another guy too, so obviously now I'm asking what he has that I don't, since she couldn't tell me exactly what it was, and I believe her, we're very honest with each other.

Anyway, onto the next one I suppose. Thinking of dabbling in online dating. Anyone else had a go with it? Any advice? Is it something to avoid? I need to start meeting some more people but in my current set of circumstances I can't really see that happening any other way.

if you want a genuine relationship then the ones you pay to join are the best.pof was great for me as i was honest and said i just wanted a good time and got plenty of sex.

Edited by krisagg75

Anyway, onto the next one I suppose. Thinking of dabbling in online dating. Anyone else had a go with it? Any advice? Is it something to avoid? I need to start meeting some more people but in my current set of circumstances I can't really see that happening any other way.

My main piece of advice is - be honest. Be honest on your profile, be honest with your pictures, be honest when you meet girls. It may seem obvious, but you shouldn't leave anyone with the wrong impression if they have a quick browse of your profile. It's all dreadfully weird mind, but after you take the plunge it's oddly normal - bit like DHUTWU amirite. I have some quite insane stories from my time on POF, the sort of thing that if someone would have told me them I would have thought they were making them up. As a result I went through phases of being on it all the time, then leaving it for a few weeks and going back.

I met my girly on there. She messaged first.

Edited by hogso

I signed up earlier and wrote my profile, put a couple of photos up. I've had a few views and a couple of girls have messaged but they don't really do it for me physically and judging by their profiles we don't have much in common. Sent a message to a cute blonde earlier though, she seemed lovely. Hope she messages back.

Tell us of some of your crazy online dating website stories, I'm intrigued :)

My main piece of advice is - be honest. Be honest on your profile, be honest with your pictures, be honest when you meet girls. It may seem obvious, but you shouldn't leave anyone with the wrong impression if they have a quick browse of your profile. It's all dreadfully weird mind, but after you take the plunge it's oddly normal - bit like DHUTWU amirite. I have some quite insane stories from my time on POF, the sort of thing that if someone would have told me them I would have thought they were making them up. As a result I went through phases of being on it all the time, then leaving it for a few weeks and going back.

I met my girly on there. She messaged first.

Any you can share with us? :) (stories not birds!)

Not really my bag I'm afraid, or the stories in question would have been all over this thread already. It would seem a bit like bragging in my mind which I'm not altogether comfortable with tea bee haich

So I woke up today and I've had some emails from Plenty of Fish claiming that three women want to meet me. They all have profiles, but who would request to meet someone before they've even spoken to them before? Are these likely to be fake profiles trolling or something? Weird.

None of them were either attractive or interesting in their profiles anyway, but no I wasn't planning on arranging anything with them.

The amount of girls on that place who put something like: 'I'm not going to sit here and talk about myself, just message me to find out!' on that place though. It's ridiculous. For all I know we might have absolutely nothing in common and you could be a racist or something. Just write a few lines to give a little indication of yourself! It's not hard. Lazy bints.

• Like 2

Â