Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

It's the word 'allowed' that winds me up...not you personally Donnie, but the scenario. You shouldn't have to be allowed to go away with your mates... you should just do it. I don't mean spend all your holidays with your mates but one weekend / week a year isn't too much to ask is it? Especially if you spent 2 or 3 holidays with the missus. 

If I ever got in a relationship and the other half wouldn't allow me to go away then she'd be **** off. The attitude is just spiteful. What she is saying is that she doesn't trust you! Past relationships of mine have always had that give and take, where we both spend time together on holiday but we have our own time away with our mates. You need your time with the lads.

Sorry for the passion but seen too many mates of mine have their balls removed by their overbearing other halves. 

Very much this.

If I was ever told I wasn't "allowed" to go on a weekend away with my mates then she can **** off.

I know it's easier said than done when you're not in that situation, but seriously. Man up.

It's the word 'allowed' that winds me up...not you personally Donnie, but the scenario. You shouldn't have to be allowed to go away with your mates... you should just do it. I don't mean spend all your holidays with your mates but one weekend / week a year isn't too much to ask is it? Especially if you spent 2 or 3 holidays with the missus. 

If I ever got in a relationship and the other half wouldn't allow me to go away then she'd be **** off. The attitude is just spiteful. What she is saying is that she doesn't trust you! Past relationships of mine have always had that give and take, where we both spend time together on holiday but we have our own time away with our mates. You need your time with the lads.

Sorry for the passion but seen too many mates of mine have their balls removed by their overbearing other halves. 

Very much this.

If I was ever told I wasn't "allowed" to go on a weekend away with my mates then she can **** off.

I know it's easier said than done when you're not in that situation, but seriously. Man up.

It's not as simple as that. Being "allowed" or "not allowed" by your woman (or, um, chap, if you like them better) is just about whether the cost in brownie points is worth it or not. Obviously you're "allowed" to do pretty much anything, but some things require a level of compensation that makes them not worthwhile. Examples:

Watching the mighty Villa play a game of football: Cost in brownie points: Perhaps a peck on the cheek. Conclusion: Allowed.

Shagging her sister: Cost in brownie points: Probably a new car, a two week holiday in Paris and a 300 carat diamond necklace. Conclusion: Not Allowed.

Its about give and take isn't it. i know its not just women that don't allow their men away, it can be the other around and that is as equally wrong. Relationships are based on trust and men and women need to spent time with their mates as well as each other. That's the way to have a healthy relationship. I've got mates who I barely see now, because their missus' don't like the rest of their mates. Then again, i'm sure some men actually like being under the thumb.. a mother substitute if you will, telling them what to do, what to eat, etc.

Yep, I am single!  :D

• Like 2

It's about trust.

And like I've said before, you should trust your gf. If you don't then what the **** are you doing with her?

Let her go out with her mates, let her go on holiday. If she cheats on you then that's her problem, dump her. 

Of course a relationship is about compromise. But if your gf tells you you're not "allowed" to go on holiday, then she's a bitch.

• Like 3

It's about trust.

And like I've said before, you should trust your gf. If you don't then what the **** are you doing with her?

Let her go out with her mates, let her go on holiday. If she cheats on you then that's her problem, dump her. 

Of course a relationship is about compromise. But if your gf tells you you're not "allowed" to go on holiday, then she's a bitch.

Hear hear hear hear hear hear hear hear.

It's about trust.

Mythboffers are back with their second series 'Bitchboffers'. Where they help you find out whether your girl is a keeper or mistreater.

Edited by 8pints

It's about trust.

If it's just a trust issue and she says this, then get rid of her. No one should ever tell you you can't do something just because they are insecure. 

If she had pre planned with you and you want to change it last minute.......good luck to you.

For instance:

If you wanted to go away for a stag weekend to Spain that was affordable with your closest friends, then yes. Of course. You should go and no woman should have a problem with it. 

If you wanted to go to V-fest and your lady was already planning a big trip with you and couldn't afford it if you went to V-fest, then no. It would not be a good idea for you to go unless you were planning on finding a new lady. 

(Hopefully that example doesn't come across as bitchy, but if you chose something like that over your woman, then you become the bitch.)

I am usually a fan of finding things you both enjoy and can even include your friends on. But I know not everyone likes that.  

• Like 2

So there may be a confrontation with my girlfriend's ex (well not yet, legally) wife.

This stuff is complicated.

Any more to this story? Or do you just enjoy building the suspense? Please keep us update. Happy turkey day. 

• Like 1

I am usually a fan of finding things you both enjoy and can even include your friends on. But I know not everyone likes that.  

I like this idea too, but I only have one close friend and my girlfriend hates her :(

I like this idea too, but I only have one close friend and my girlfriend hates her :(

My closest guy friend has a new lady who doesn't care for me. I am trying to win her over though. You have to find common ground and as the dude encourage them both to try….for your sake. The chick and I have golden girls and comic books. Thats it. She loves all the sports teams I hate, she's a model, she likes expensive purses and shoes. But she makes him happy, so I'm trying. 

Why only one close friend? Do you like her friends? Branch out mister. Just a little bit anyway. 

Â