Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Xela how old are you? Not being rude, just curious because before I met my current gf, I thought the same.

34 last week fella. Been single for a good few years... a lot of it is self inflicted as i've had the opportunity to date people at work or friends of friends. However I'm just not prepared to give up my single life for anymore.. or maybe I am waiting for 'the one'. Its not as though I lead a playboy life as a single bloke! Its pretty much work and relax/watch tv/go out for beers. I'm finding it more difficult as a lot of my mates are not only settling down but they are getting married and kids. The lads holidays are becoming less and less now, 

Most of my friends or people in my age group have been having kids, starting families since their early to mid 20s. I sometimes feel like I am getting left behind but theres no point having kids to keep up with others, have them when you are ready.

Villa Talk Relationship advice thread, where everyone is a relationship expert.

;)

Bit rich coming from mr "PUA"

I have a question, as a 26 year old what is the lowest acceptable age to date?

Half your age plus 7. So 20.

• Like 1

Villa Talk Relationship advice thread, where everyone is a relationship expert.

;)

Bit rich coming from mr "PUA"

I have a question, as a 26 year old what is the lowest acceptable age to date?

Half your age plus 7. So 20.

Don't hate, a bro has to keep his hareem in check.

I'm finding it more difficult as a lot of my mates are not only settling down but they are getting married and kids. The lads holidays are becoming less and less now,

I can only refer to some of my mates in this, but some of them wind me up no end. I'm talking about the ones who used to love lads holidays -still do & would love to go - but wouldn't even dare suggest to their wives that they want to have a time away with the lads.

I just wouldn't be with someone who wouldn't allow me to do something I enjoy. It's a tiny percentage away from each other out of the total time spent together FFS.

People are selfish, it's just a part of who we are. We want to do our own thing.

It's a 2 way street in a relationship. I wouldn't be in one where I was being walked over and put on a leash so to speak. I get to do my own thing sometimes, and she'll get to do her own thing sometimes.

It's just gone are the days where I'd come home from work, cook a tea, have a shower and then have a good 5 hours to do what I wanted before bed. The selfish bit of me would love to do it everyday, however my compromising bit will say "Well to be fair you did have a few hours on the XBox yesterday and she did let you lie in, so buck up and have an afternoon shopping".. etc..

People are selfish, it's just a part of who we are. We want to do our own thing.

It's a 2 way street in a relationship. I wouldn't be in one where I was being walked over and put on a leash so to speak. I get to do my own thing sometimes, and she'll get to do her own thing sometimes.

It's just gone are the days where I'd come home from work, cook a tea, have a shower and then have a good 5 hours to do what I wanted before bed. The selfish bit of me would love to do it everyday, however my compromising bit will say "Well to be fair you did have a few hours on the XBox yesterday and she did let you lie in, so buck up and have an afternoon shopping".. etc..

Shopping is pure hell though and physically putting you out.  Playing on the X-Box doesn't put her out.

For every hour spent shopping, the missus has to watch an hour of Villa.  New rule!  Thanks for inspiring it Dante :)  I'm sure she'll see the fairness that, no?

I'm finding it more difficult as a lot of my mates are not only settling down but they are getting married and kids. The lads holidays are becoming less and less now,

I can only refer to some of my mates in this, but some of them wind me up no end. I'm talking about the ones who used to love lads holidays -still do & would love to go - but wouldn't even dare suggest to their wives that they want to have a time away with the lads.

I just wouldn't be with someone who wouldn't allow me to do something I enjoy. It's a tiny percentage away from each other out of the total time spent together FFS.

I can relate to this as well

Some of my mates wouldn't even dare suggest it, let alone go ahead with it. I've never been with anyone who has stopped me doing what I wanted. The last time i was in a relationship I told the lady I was going away for a week with the lads across Eastern Europe (i'd discussed it with the lads prior to meeting the girl, a few months previous) and was that ok? I wanted her to be comfortable with it but the truth is, I was going anyway and if she had kicked off or said no then she wouldn't have been the type of girl I wanted to be with and I'd have dumped her. 

That may sound harsh but it wasn't as though i was taking all my holiday with the guys... me and the missus ended up going away three times in 6 months anyway. God... that year I had 6 overseas holidays! Them days are long gone! 

As a 28 year old is it ok to date a 20 year old?

Of course. I reckon you should tell her you love her on the first date. Get the awkward stuff out the way early on. 

• Like 1

Cheers guys, to me it isn't much of an issue but wanted to see other peoples perception of it. I'm more worried of her coming to the realisation I'm a miserable 28 year old going on 70 but so far so good :P

Â