Subs:

Steele

Dawson

Bertrand

Allen

Rose

Cork

Sordell

Yep that looks right for me save for Joe Allen who I'd start.

Midfield is comfortably the strongest area of the squad.

Bellamy won't be able to play all the games in a short space of time and the striking option to come in for him is very weak.

Quarters again!

Bellamy won't be able to play all the games in a short space of time and the striking option to come in for him is very weak

Agreed VillaChris so possibly Bent might have been worth a look instead?

Apparently the Spain squad will be announced today. AS has claimed this morning that it will consist of the following 18:

Goakeepers

De Gea - M. United

Mariño - Villarreal

Defenders

Montoya - Barcelona

Azpilicueta - O. Marsella

Botía - Sporting

Domínguez - Borussia M.

Victor - Valencia

Jordi Alba - Barcelona

Midfielders

Javi Martínez - Athletic

Thiago - Barcelona

Ander Herrera - Athletic

Muniaín - Athletic

Isco - Málaga

Mata - Chelsea

Forwards

Adrián - Atlético

De Marcos - Athletic

Tello - Barcelona

Rodrigo - Benfica

Apparently the Spain squad will be announced today. AS has claimed this morning that it will consist of the following 18:

Goakeepers

De Gea - M. United

Mariño - Villarreal

Defenders

Montoya - Barcelona

Azpilicueta - O. Marsella

Botía - Sporting

Domínguez - Borussia M.

Victor - Valencia

Jordi Alba - Barcelona

Midfielders

Javi Martínez - Athletic

Thiago - Barcelona

Ander Herrera - Athletic

Muniaín - Athletic

Isco - Málaga

Mata - Chelsea

Forwards

Adrián - Atlético

De Marcos - Athletic

Tello - Barcelona

Rodrigo - Benfica

Who are the over age players?

on a side issue, i can't **** stand Stuart Pearce, what that guy sees in Danny Rose i'll never know!

I don't know about Herrera but none of the others do what Xavi does. I think when he retires Spain will have to slightly change their style or at least share the Xavi role between 2 players. As brilliant as everyone clearly is in that team, they all revolve around; and rely upon; Xavi to keep it all ticking over. The same goes for Barcelona.

The actual preliminary Spain squad for the Olympics has now been announced. It's a 22-man squad, and will be cut down to 18 (probably the 18 suggested previously) before the tournament:

Goalkeepers: De Gea (Manchester United), Robles (Atletico Madrid), Marino (Villarreal)

Defenders: Azpilicueta (Marseille), Alba (Valencia), Martinez (Athletic Bilbao), Dominguez (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Montoya (Barcelona), Botia (Sporting Gijon), San Jose (Athletic Bilbao), Martinez (Real Sociedad)

Midfielders: Thiago (Barcelona), Herrera (Athletic Bilbao), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Romeu (Chelsea), Isco (Malaga), Mata (Chelsea), Muniain (Athletic Bilbao)

Forwards: Adrian (Atletico Madrid), Vasquez (Espanyol), Tello (Barcelona), Rodrigo (Benfica)

The Brazil squad looks pretty good:

Goalkeepers: Rafael Cabral (Santos), Neto (Fiorentina)

Defenders: Alex Sandro (Porto), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Rafael (Manchester United), Danilo (Porto), Thiago Silva (Milan), Bruno Uvini (Sao Paulo), Juan (Inter Milan)

Midfielders: Sandro (Tottenham), Romulo (Spartak Moscow), Ganso (Santos), Oscar (Internacional), Lucas Moura (Sao Paulo)

Forwards: Neymar (Santos), Leandro Damiao (International) Alexandre Pato (AC Milan), Hulk (Porto)

Â