London 2012 Olympic football tournament

TRS-T

Beckham was playing at Milan last year and did enough to warrant much of their support begging the hierarchy to buy him.

that was 2 years ago and Milan have moved on

How old is Pirlo?

33 but he is a better player than Beckham ever was so dont see the comparisons

Whilst they have moved on I think if they bought Beckham then he'd be playing there now. It wasn't like they weren't serious then about buying him. Discussions were had.

And I was merely pointing out that because midfielders are mid thirties doesn't mean they are past it.

And if he wasn't needed for the Olympics who are we going to find to cross the ball in with any kind of remote danger? Because England's first team couldn't find one since Beckham hasn't featured.

MLS is championship standard but more than enough of a test to show Beckham still has it.

I'm sorry but we are playing largely junior teams against Senegal and the UAE. Not exactly league one standard tbh.

Yeah thought Bannan might get in.

Bit of an insult (or maybe punishment given Scots and N. Irish were really opposing team GB) to say none of them should be called up.

I know a few of these are overaged but Allan McGregor, Johnny Evans, Chris Brunt, Stephen Fletcher (who really wanted to play in this) Bannan, Danny Wilson are comfortably as good as some of those who will be in the squad.

I'm interested as to who the strikers will be. Bellamy is one but he'll struggle to play every 3 days, Sturridge is a cert but he can't do it on his own and struggling to think of many others.

Unless Pearce is moving to a 4-3-3 and will just push Bale up alongside Bellamy and Sturridge.

Please tell me Frazier Campbell is over 23 now.

Pearce seems to be using this squad selection as an ego trip. Not picking Becks or any Scot or NI players will not go down well with those who gave him the job and he should have been thinking more about them and the paying public than those who decided he would no longer be involved in the England set up.

Pearce seems to be using this squad selection as an ego trip. Not picking Becks or any Scot or NI players will not go down well with those who gave him the job and he should have been thinking more about them and the paying public than those who decided he would no longer be involved in the England set up.

He hasn't picked any Scottish or Northern Ireland players because their respective FAs will not allow him to.

He hasn't picked any Scottish or Northern Ireland players because their respective FAs will not allow him to.

They can't stop their players from playing.

There are no Scottish or Northern Irish players because their players aren't good enough to get into the squad.

Why would the Welsh FA have a different stance to the Scottish and Northern Irish FA?

Stephen Fletcher wanted to play badly as he's fallen out with Craig Levein and won't play for Scotland again while he's manager. Plus if he's still at Wolves, it's a nice way to get in the shop window.

I disagree with Northern Irish players not being good enough, Chris Brunt or Johnny Evans (who had a very good season after the red against City) could've easily been one of the overage players instead of Richards.

Â