London 2012 Olympic football tournament

TRS-T

Why they let Ramsey take another after his first was almost saved... I don't know.

Which one is the better penalty:

a) Player 1 scores after the keeper guesses the right corner, saves the penalty into the post but somehow it manages to sneak in behind him

B) Player 2 makes the keeper go to the wrong side, he hits the bar, the line, the bar, before it somehow stays outside the goal.

He took the penalty because he scored the first one dude, easy as that. A penalty that goes in is always a good penalty, a "great" shot that does not go in is a terrible penalty.

Oh and Butland has been woeful this game, clearly shows that he is not yet ready for the Premier League in my opinon. Classic rookie mistake for the goal and also a very dodgy display at the end when the Korean only managed to head outside the right post.

Yes, but his first penalty was bad overall - it's not like the goalie had to make a miraculous effort to get near it. And the second example above isn't a great shot since he hit the bar, not the target.

Can't understand why Scott Sinclair wasn't the penalty taker, he's scored loads for Swansea over the last 18 months.

Well done South Korea anyway, them and Japan have improved so much in the last 10 years and I think both could be contenders to win the world cup in 10-15 years time.

It always seems that on an international level Brittish (English)players no matter who they play against always seem less technically gifted then there opponents and are likely to struggle at keeping the ball.

The South Koreans looked a lot more comfortable on the ball technically and skillfully than us although they seemed to tire as the game went on. The quality of all 5 of there penalties was absolute class they blasted all 5 away, I dont think Butland got close, in comparisons with Ramseys 2 and Sturridge.

Again all I saw today from our defense was Richards or the other centre back receiving the ball look up shuffle a couple of yards and then play a side ways ball back to the other CB who would then look up shuffle awkwadly and launch yet another 40-50 foot long ball which in turn would either go out for a throw in or bounce off the shins of the over rated 15 million pound striker Sturridge.

The passing at times was to say the least, limited - cheers Pearce. I wander if another promotion is on the cards. If so please can you do some coaching for the Spanish, Ze Germans, Brazil or failing that Birminghma city.

That should all be in place. English football's nadir was the Germany game in 2010. We had our star players and our expensive manager and we got humiliated on the pitch. That is when (hopefully as we are led to believe) the FA decided that investment in grass roots football is a probably better investment than a billion pound stadium in Brent, but we already have the billion pound stadium so I guess we will stick with that too.

Anyway, St Georges Park in Burton opened this year. Hopefully that will begin to produce the coaching staff that our kids need to work with to be able to compete with the top countries. It will take a while though as this process isnt about making Jack Wilshere or Aaron Ramsay better players, it's about turning ten year old kids into world class talent. It took Germany a decade from the **** that was Euro 2000 until the team of 2010 for their project to work (yes, they did well in World cup 2002 and 2006, but they could also see they were beginning to get left behind by others) and it will take at least as long for our investments to bear fruit, providing the FA actually see it through. Give it time. At least the entire country knows what the score is now that the "golden generation" are starting to die out.

Good post Rev. I fear our current generation and probably the upcoming generation of British footballers are woefully inadequate technically. Or at least, they are not as good technically as other nations. I accept that and expect to see it played out time after time, for many years.

The ray of light at the end of the tunnel is that apparently something is being done about it, although the man championing the change, Gareth Southgate stepped down as head of elite development at the FA. I find that worrying because every time I heard Southgate speak on the subject he urged patience so that we take the right approach and not get caught with the hunger for instant results. You know, smaller pitches at youth level, a concentration on technical development and enjoying the game over results. Etc.

Anyway, he's gone now and the FA were apparently 'disappointed', and he never said why he stepped down. I don't know where that leaves us, but I hope it's not significant.

So now that we know who the last 4 teams are I would like to know if they all get medals or only the top 3 ?

Cause it seems very unfair that there are 4 teams left and only 3 will get medals.

Â