London 2012 Olympic football tournament

TRS-T

I think Japan are becoming a major force in football now, incredible progress in the last 15 years. Don't think it's far fetched to say they could be contenders to win the world cup in 10 years time as they nearly got to the quarters of the last one.

agree they also play some good football as well. I think Brazilian influence on japanese football has create lots of stylish attacking players like Kagawa, Honda etc.

Fletcher and Brunt would be a waste as over-age players.
Righty-ho. Steven '30 Prem goals in 3 seasons for shite teams' Fletcher's not good enough for Team GB.

If Danny Rose is good enough for team GB then im sure you are Gareth ;)

he has 2 career moments. that goal vs Arsenal and smashing up Hutton

Fletcher and Brunt would be a waste as over-age players.
Righty-ho. Steven '30 Prem goals in 3 seasons for shite teams' Fletcher's not good enough for Team GB.

Darren Bent is better.

:bang: Hardly be a "waste", though would it? He'd have been a decent enough player to take along. And (not that I should even be indulging this, nevertheless) if Bent wasn't going to the Euros, we're hardly going to let him go the bloody Olympics, are we?

Richards is a total waste as an overage player, completely out of his depth at centre half as he always was for Man. City when played there.

Said all along GB are too light upfront as Bellamy was always going to struggle playing every 3 days and that's without being nearly murdered by that Senegal bloke. Sturridge unsurprisingly looks well off the pace.

It's going to be Marvin Sordell upfront on his own on Sunday ffs, Pearce dosen't have a clue. Stephen Flecther should've been in as he's a good striker and I'd be happy if we signed him.

Took my daughter to the Rioch to watch the women's football today. Sweden v Japan 0-0, but not the worst game I have ever seen. In fact better than any game I have seen at Villa park in he last 12 months. Roll on the start of this season

Cant believe Pearce is the GB coach/Manager.

At the under 21 Tournament a few years back England has a fairly decent team which I believe included, Danny Rose, Phill Jones, Smalling, Wellbeck, Sturidge, Henderson, Gibbs ect and in a Tournament which was created of little competition accept for Spain.

Pearce managed to somehow not qualify from the group andhave the worst passing record combined with the most amount of long balls played by any team.

His reward for this was to get the GB coaching role. Now I do not take the GB coaching role serious however its still a joke that he was rewarded for those efforts!!!

Â